Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Who is exercising?

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Elaine and welcome! I worked out as a smoker too ... working out now is a lot more fun. I think my work outs are more effective as well. And I can BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$54,531.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5959 Hours: 7

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone - plumpie here, :blush: I've gone and bought myself new shoes, and I've increased my walk. It was a 40 minute walk (about 4 kilometres) and is now a 60 minute walk (6 kilometres) with many more hills, and pushing a pram with a 14 kilo child in it. When I get home I do floor exercises for about 10 minutes - mostly situps to get rid of baby belly (she's 2 yrs old, lol) with some pushups as well. I am getting the endorphin rush!! YAY - my new reward pathway is getting stronger. I've been on my plan for 3 days now. Are you proud of me BF? I might not get to a gym (lycra allergy lol) but I'm feeling healthy enough and relaxed enough to exercise again. YAY The demon is definitely on the run!! Oh, and Elaine - I have heard of many people who didn't gain weight during their quit smoking process. I'm not one of them, but I plan to lose the 5 kilo's I put on, plus the 15 extra kilo's (33 pounds) I was already carrying. take care everyone alison :) Kick the Herb to the Kerb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,261 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$90,886.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8670 Hours: 4

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Elaine, Some people gain, others lose, everyone's quit is different. You should know the weight gain comes from an increase in eating during the quit and a decrease in metabolism due to the quit. If you implement an exercise regiment and a meal plan right from the start, you may not gain any weight. For many, this lifestyle change makes the transition from smoker to non a little easier. Just remember, you may have to keep practicing this new lifestyle until it becomes second nature. Bootsie, Congratulations on passing this test! You're making fabulous progress and you will become a healthier person all around due to your quit and your other efforts to be a better healthier you. Danielle _______________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hannaher, Wow 2.6Km, you've made some really good progress! Keep up the good work! Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unfortunately I have been barred from my gym for excessive galloping along the corridors :blush: Mr Ed :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,904 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �975 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used to think that if I worked out more that I would naturally quit with all the good excercize I was getting, well no can do- turns out you can't really work out that well if you are hacking away in the middle of a kickbox session...it does heck to your back and muscles!! SOooo...I had to quit to excercise! I quit for more than just that reason, but I was SICK of not being able to breath while doing the things that I enjoy which require air in your lungs to do them! Like hiking and swimming, which I have just started getting back into, and I can go the duration now and it FEELS GREAT!!! :) Keep up with the awesome quits everyone!! Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just got back from vacation. All my family and friends back home are smokers and it was HARD! The temptation was all around me, all the time. Instead of smoking I ate! Cake mostly. I only gained a couple of pounds and am not about to beat myself up over it. Now that I'm home and settled I'm going to get back on track. My goal is to get up in the morning and go for a walk before work. I love this thread and have enjoyed all the posts. You all inspire me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,019 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ME me me me me!!! I swim every day =) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$36,364.96

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 423 Hours: 14

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just dropping in to say hi to Mike and that I'm glad to see your meter still climbing. "The Journey is the Reward" my friend. Keep going. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 359 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1256.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmmm - time to hit the exercise circuit again. A couple of weeks off and I miss the favorable effects. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $483 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$113,607.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9899 Hours: 21

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: