Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Stopped Smoking on 9th Febuary, 2014

8 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So folks, it's been an year now and I never smoked. I don't have any health issues anymore. Only thing i feel is that whenever someone smokes near me and i inhale it passively, my stomach growls and as if my body is rejecting it.
9 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tipu!  I hope you continue to do well in your quit.  How is your summer going?  Any unexpected cravings or challenges?  If so, how did you handle them?  Wishing you continued success! Vincenza, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Tipu.....you have been doing great.These are normal symtoms Cough and chest pain can be the withdrawal effects of quitting.Since your Doc. has already examined you there is noting to be worried abt.Once again Congrats.
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tipu,

Glad to see that you are still on the right track.

Those cravings in response to negative feelings will happen from time to time. I still get them sometimes. But they are way less than they were in the first few months of my quit. So far, this month, I haven't had any. ...So it does get better over time.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,510.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 18

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Update: So far no smoking since 9th of February, 2014. I am just waiting for 1 year to complete and stay smoke free. However, when I am down or sad for some reason, i get an urge to smoke or get high :(
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can also tell them that since you quit, you have developed an allergy to smoke.

It is kind of true, in the sense that it is going to give you a bad reaction. And some people do get real smoke allergies after quitting. I suspect that people are allergic all along, but the allergy is unmasked when they quit. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,510.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 18

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tipu,
 If you can not avoid the situation, and sometimes there's no way of avoiding it, you can take a few steps back. If they question what you are doing, tell them you are trying to get some smoke free air, that it's hurting your lungs and that they KNOW you are trying to quit smoking. It's okay to be rude if you are among inconsiderate people, they probably won't know it anyhow.  
 I really don't know what else to say other than hang it there....
  • Quit Meter

$23,171.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 3

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi folks! I need some help here. There are situations in which you cannot avoid passive smoking. Like your boss wants you to talk while he is also smoking. You can never go away or ask him to stop smoking because he is an a**. Also sometimes you are with friends who go out with you on outing, and they smoke infront of you. You can never step on the other side of the road and talk to them loudly etc. I need some serious suggestions how to avoid passive smoking?
10 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It may be difficult and a bit painful at times Tipu but you are headed in the right direction!!

Congratulations!!!!

Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,716.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 9

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

24 February, 2014 to 5th March, 2014: I have now started to jogging for 500 meters while I walk for 2 KM every day. Also joined gym to get my body in shape. However, I am having some bad time while running. Pain in chest starts if i run for more than 500 meters. However, I believe its due to increase in heartbeat and because my stamina is low. It will take sometime to get everything back to normal. Not doing walk for past 5 to 6 years and sitting on chair and sleeping definitely have effected my stamina very bad.

Reading this thread: