Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I was doing so well... then... it happened

14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Shortcake
How is it going today? Getting ready for the big getaway? Hope your Friday is not too hectic and you keep the smoke-free attitude. Let us know!
Cristina

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 385
Amount Saved: $50.05
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 1 Mins: 27 Seconds: 14

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep kicking ash! Twenty day quit is awesome!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 168
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,704
Amount Saved: $1,822.80
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 8 Mins: 3 Seconds: 39

14 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Jim!!

I truly appreciate your kind words..

I am so waiting for this Saturday to get here.  I am going to Alabama to spend the week with a close friend.  Not only will I have the relaxation involved, but also, it is a completely non-smoking environment!  The airport is non-smoking, the plane is non-smoking, and NO ONE at my friends house smokes.  I hope this to be a great trip.

She does have a computer so I will pop on daily to see how everyone is doing and let everyone know how I am doing!

Back to the grind for awhile..

♥Have a great day everyone!!♥

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 9/25/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 20
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 500
Amount Saved: $125.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 17 Mins: 51 Seconds: 17

• Quit Meter

$454,070.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5353 Hours: 3

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Shortcake!!!

You are REALLY doing outstanding!!!   I think you should print out your last post and keep that right in front of you with your NOPE post-it!!!  Not only are you quitting for you and your freedom and health, but you are also doing it for your hubbie and for the improved relationship you are having with him!  Although my wife didn't shy away from me because of my ashtray breath, she was soooo happy not to have to taste the combination of ashtray and breath mints after nearly 28 years!!!

In the early stages of my quit, when a really strong craving hit me, I would head to the stairs and rhythmically do deep breathing in cadence to my steps!  I would sort of put myself into a zone and keep repeating, rhythmically with my steps and breathing, "Not gonna smoke, not gonna smoke, not gonna smoke!"  That would beat the craving every time!!!

You are well on your way to freedom, Shortcake!!!  Fight like hell, protect your quit and keep telling yourself that you are  NOT  going to lose one more battle to the demon!!!  YOU  CAN  DO  THIS ! ! !

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 589
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,725
Amount Saved: $2,429.63
Life Gained:
Days: 101 Hrs: 11 Mins: 2 Seconds: 33

• Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 12

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your doing great shortcake!!

Almost through zombie month!  Keep it up and keep us updated!

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
♥Everyone♥

I want to thank you all so much for your kind support and understanding.  I don't know what I would do without you here.  The only thing is at work I am barely able to get on this site because of the bosses..they don't appreciate us being on line on personal things, so I jump in when I am able to.  Also, my Husband, God love him, has been so supportive of me, but he has never smoked so he doesn't understand the physical aspect of it and what I am going through..although I have to say, everyday I get a text message from him saying "Did I tell you today how proud I am of you for not smoking?"  It really makes me feel good. On my last (and failed) quit he never gave me sentiments like that, I guess he feels like that may be why I didn't succeed, and although it isn't why, he is still trying so hard to make this one work for me.  He walks up to me now and plants a kiss on me that curls my toes!! LMAO - it is a good thing because before I quit, he would barely give me pecks because of the cigarette smell and taste.  He hates it so much.  When we used to go to bed he would turn his back on me to get away from the smell, but now he cuddles right up to me and says he enjoys it now because the smell is gone. All of these little things that I have been missing in our 11 years together has really helped to boost my quit..but then, I get my triggers and don't know if I can make it.  When I am having a crave at home he tells me to go outside get some air and breath to get through it, and sometimes that does help, but at work, it is so hard because I have no where to go.  If I go outside then I am going into the mouth of the beast...into the smoking area.  So, I use my breathing technique.  I inhale for 3 seconds, hold it for 3 seconds, exhale for 3 seconds and repeat that 3 times.  It does help a great deal.

I don't mean to ramble on, but I know today is going to be very hectic at work and I know I will probably be hit with some major craves and may not be able to sign on here for support.  I do have my post-it note in front of me with N.O.P.E. on it to help me a little, as well as some hard candy and sugarless gum.

Thanks again everyone for being there for me yesterday when it hit me...I hope today is a smoother ride!

Have a great ♥Smoke-Free♥ day!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 9/25/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 20
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 500
Amount Saved: $125.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 17 Mins: 34 Seconds: 18

• Quit Meter

$454,070.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5353 Hours: 3

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Shortcake.....it is so good to see you making it happen!!!! I can relate to a lot of your thoughts here.  Stay the course.  I promise your roller coaster ride will start to even out..............Dave

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 268
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,040
Amount Saved: $2,110.50
Life Gained:
Days: 43 Hrs: 19 Mins: 22 Seconds: 44

• Quit Meter

$50,434.92

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 14

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
These are all great ideas to help you fight off the urge while at work. You can also try delaying it, just like you would anything else you didn't really feel like doing. Just keep pushing it back for five minutes at a time and eventually the craving should be more bearable if not gone.

Way to go on staying strong, may tomorrow be less challenging for you! Regardless, we are still gonna be here to support you!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your determination inspires many of us!
Keep kicking ash and take just one smoking tought at a time. Remember, they are smoking toughts. Your body doesn't need nicotine!
It is your smoker brain trying to lure you into the addiction again. Every time you get a strong smoking tought, you get a chance ti deprogam your smoking brain. So do it and hang on!!
Be proud of yourself!! You deserve a nice reward
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 264
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,960
Amount Saved: $396.00
Life Gained:
Days: 30 Hrs: 1 Mins: 27 Seconds: 14

14 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shortcake,
Maybe your bosses were thinking, "Let's give Shortcake so much work she won't have time to smoke today!" Look for the positive in every negative situation that used to call for a cig.  It will get so much better! Promise!  Like Kaiser said reward yourself big after work for tonight!
cameless

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/17/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 667
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,675
Amount Saved: $5,544.44
Life Gained:
Days: 127 Hrs: 9 Mins: 10 Seconds: 33

Reading this thread: