Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

UT OH...HERE WE GO!!

14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm there with you Featherdance! Just posted my own hell for day three... But you know what??? It does not matter what anyone is saying or doing. We chose our path. We decided we don't want to smoke anymore! So, at the end of the day, it lays in our lap if we give in or not. Life is a b$#@%^ at times. And it will be, with or without that cigarette. So hang in there and you'll be fine - just think of it as the challenges that the little devil is throwing our way to see if we give in. I am stubborn enough to say "bring it on, I am tough, I can take it". And you surely sound the same! Good luck and be good - to yourself!
Cristina

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 70
Amount Saved: $9.10
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 5 Mins: 6 Seconds: 28

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's tough, Featherdancer, but I'll tell you, You get past the first month and you will know a new freedom and a new happiness. There'll be a feeling that you really have made it through the most difficult part and that saying no is only going to get easier and easier. Time will begin to speed up again. Many of the drugs that are in cigarettes will have left your system. It'll be all mind. No physical cravings or withdrawals (from any drug) still working on you. Keep your eyes on the prize.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 150
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,200
Amount Saved: $1,627.50
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 8 Mins: 43 Seconds: 51

14 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know it's hard... the mood swings, the impatience our family has with us.... it does subside if we/they are persistent with the quit.
You mentioned the bathtub.... well being able to soak in the tub and get away from it all was a HUGE help in my quit (Nov. 2002 Hall of Fame : http://v5.stopsmokingcenter.net/community/success_stories/success_detail.aspx?id=21 )   Just stick with it, it WILL get better if you give it time!!

All my best...

Leslie 

Seven years, seven months, one week, four days, 4 hours, 47 minutes and 15 seconds. 111207 cigarettes not smoked, saving $16,680.95. Life saved: 1 year, 2 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, 15 minutes. 

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/14/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2780
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 111,200
Amount Saved: $9,730.00
Life Gained:
Days: 286 Hrs: 0 Mins: 59 Seconds: 55

• Quit Meter

$170,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 2

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Posting here is literally saving my butt - pardon the pun. I made it through the tough part of the day so I know I made it through day 5 ( I quit on Monday) but the calculator doesn't count the day til it is actually over I guess. I am taking the excellent advice from all of you (drinking ice water, deep breathing, carrots and dip, dum dums, etc.  -they are working!! I do want to be smoke free more than anything right now and love the fact that I haven't wasted money on it. The mood swings are killing me and so I am trying to be gentle with myself and my husband. I told him I needed him to support me (not ignore me) - I am just going to focus on myself for awhile and not worry  - 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 9/21/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 64
Amount Saved: $24.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 11 Mins: 46 Seconds: 56

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The first month is an emotional rollercoaster. Tolerance is gone and ther B$%$%% in us surfaces,lol.
We are allowed according to the stop smoking method I chose. But don't worry, pamper yourself and be nice to yourself. This quit is all about you and you conttol it. Your hubby has nothing to do to you staying quit. Just remember that, and you will be fine.
This gets easier as days go by.Hang on Hell week is called that for a reason!!!
Drink ice water and take deep breaths!
Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 245
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,675
Amount Saved: $367.50
Life Gained:
Days: 27 Hrs: 21 Mins: 49 Seconds: 46

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Featherdancer!

You are going to be going through a bunch of different emotions the first few days and weeks!  This is probably going to be one the hardest things you will ever do in your life and it is a helluva challenge!  Let your hubbie know this and reiterate to him that you do want this quit more than anything else in your life right now!  Let him that right now and tell him that all you want to hear from him is nothing except unconditional support!  If he is unwilling to provide that, then just tell him to stay away until he can!  If he really does love you, he WILL support you and do whatever he can to make life as tolerable for you as he can! 

Let him know that this raving, craving period in your life won't last that long and you really will need his support and understanding!  Hopefully he will quit being a jerk soon!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 569
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,225
Amount Saved: $2,347.13
Life Gained:
Days: 96 Hrs: 11 Mins: 38 Seconds: 59

• Quit Meter

$44,220.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 7

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haha!! I like Ms. Marple's hit squad idea...send em over!! I am NOT going to smoke today even if I have to spend the entire day in the bathtub (the only thing that seems to help intense cravings). There are no cigarettes in the house and I am never spending 8.00 on a pack EVER again!! I think I need one of those punching bags today though, I am UBER GROUCHY!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 9/21/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 64
Amount Saved: $24.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 11 Mins: 17 Seconds: 34

14 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Featherdancer,

Sorry to hear that your husband isn't being very supportive. Please remember that we are always here to help and support you every step of the way, no matter what! You seem very motivated and determined to remain smoke free, so please hang on to that great attitude and you will remain SMOKE FREE!

Hang in there

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Feather, the first couple weeks of my quit I actually avoided smokers, places where people smoked, and when I could, people who stressed me so I wouldn't be tempted, family included.  I learned very polite ways to excuse myself from situations when tension was brewing.  I loved my "blackberry on vibrate mode" as it allowed me to leave for a few minutes to "take a call".  I'm sure you can also find creative ways to change your scenery.  And I love that your school is nonsmoking.  What a great place to be where you cannot see others smoking!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 401
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,040
Amount Saved: $4,010.00
Life Gained:
Days: 59 Hrs: 20 Mins: 3 Seconds: 20

14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marital strife is a big trigger, but you're pulling it off nicely!  If the big lug keeps it up, let us know and we will activate the SSC hit squad to come to your aid!
Surely this is not the case, but sometimes when quitting, some people find they are sometimes short with loved ones and patience is paper thin.....  Naw, forget I said that---that can't be the case here.  It's obviously all his fault, right

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 338
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,520
Amount Saved: $2,704.00
Life Gained:
Days: 38 Hrs: 0 Mins: 57 Seconds: 30

• Quit Meter

$52,290.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 739 Hours: 14