Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

This is my last week on Chantix. Advice needed!!

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
marivi,

It really sounds like you have been able to get through those cravings with some incredible self-talk. It can sometimes be difficult to break those habits of smoking when you are with certain people or are in certain environments. However, it sounds like you did an amazing job and got through as a non-smoker! Amazing!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marivi, congratulations on eliminating that trigger from your life!  And congratulations on reaching 75 days smoke free!  Keep telling yourself N.O.P.E. every day and you'll continue to go far! 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 232
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,280
Amount Saved: $1,856.00
Life Gained:
Days: 34 Hrs: 15 Mins: 22 Seconds: 28

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I told ya!!!
You're way too strong to break now...........N.O.P.E. is your credo

Proud of you
HUGGGGGG
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 72
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,160
Amount Saved: $302.40
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 2 Mins: 52 Seconds: 1

15 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on making it through that!  Yes, sounds like you made it through that trigger with flying colors!!!  Way to go!!!!  You are doing great!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/18/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 722
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,440
Amount Saved: $2,527.00
Life Gained:
Days: 58 Hrs: 18 Mins: 12 Seconds: 49

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angie and Miss Marple:
I'm doing great.I just had one hard to divert smoking tought.
A truly close friend ofi mine came from Atlanta to visit me and I took her to Starbucks for a coffee and bammm........
In Mexico you have this nice terraces where you can smoke. You have to go trough this open smoking space in order to
go inside the coffe shop. So as we were walking all the smokers looking pretty relaxed having their coffee and their cigarrettes. I felt mad. I don't like to be tempted. I hate it. And I was really tempted. Good thing my friend is a non smoker.
I just repeated to myself: You made a nonnegotiable decision to stop smoking. Enjoy your nonsmoking friend.
When she was living here I use to go to her house to have a coffe and chain smoke. (she allowed me to smoke in her house).
I guess it was an association. I use to have coffee with her and smoke like crazy. I guess that today I eliminated one of the zillion triggers I have.
I feel great!!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 75
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,125
Amount Saved: $112.50
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 14 Mins: 50 Seconds: 56

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here and thinking of  you Marivi!  Hope this finds you well!
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 99
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,188
Amount Saved: $522.72
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 20 Mins: 48 Seconds: 46

15 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are such a good quitter, Marivi!  You will be fine!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 168
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,720
Amount Saved: $1,344.00
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 21 Mins: 24 Seconds: 29

• Quit Meter

$52,290.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 739 Hours: 16

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brat: O yes bloatiness is a side effect. And the dreams! They are so vivid that I think that I'm under the influence of some
         kind of illegal drug But I love them!
Rock: You are so sweet! I have my rock to keep on going.!
MM: Yea MM I just have to say NOPE
Missmolly: You have a great quit going on! Thank you for your support!
Lou: Thanks for your kind advice
Jim: I also almost got rid of my Chantix during the second week; It took me a while to get used to it! But I was so afraid of      smoking....I still experience side effects like bloatiness, upset stomach, and somedays I'm really tired. But I'm smoke free and I feel really proud of myself! Chantix in Mexico is cheap. It costs about 220 dlls for the whole 12 weeks!I've been two days on half a pill and doing great. I haven't experienced any increase in my smoking toughts. So I think I'm doing the right thing. I'm also commited to my quit and my success! I cannot let you down and I cannot let the nicodemon take away my freedom!!! Loose everything for a Puff of a cancer stick?
I don't think so!
I'm free and I want to stay free!!!!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 74
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,110
Amount Saved: $111.00
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 11 Mins: 47 Seconds: 44

15 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marivi:

I'm glad you consulted your doctor.  Don't worry about not taking it.  I look at it as a crutch.  Once you stop, it's completely up to you whether or not you submit to the evil cravings.  I think of it as Step 2.  Step 1 was going on Chantix and quitting.  I'm on it now and according to my doctor, can remain on it as long as I feel it is necessary.  Yeah, I'm bloated and moody, but I have to say, I love the dreams.  Sometimes they are so vivid, it's hard to tell if they are real or not.  But they are happy ones. 

Anyway, do what you feel is best.  I like the idea of weening yourself off of them.  Everyone reacts differently.  Hang in there and keep us posted.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 30
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 600
Amount Saved: $180.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 17 Mins: 27 Seconds: 1

• Quit Meter

$33,168.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 674 Hours: 12

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Marivi!!!

I was a Chantix quitter and I can't praise the drug enough for it's part in my quit!  I, too, experienced side effects while on the drug and I wanted nothing more than to get off that drug as fast as possible!   The drug was great for minimizing the huge cravings I had experienced on previous quits and luckily I found this site while researching Chantix on the internet!

Anyways, the drug took care of the craves and the SSC provided me with the knowledge and support that I needed to become a NON-SMOKER!!!   I KNEW after getting past Heck Week that I would NEVER smoke again!!!  I had the desire and made a committment!!!  I also had spent around $115 on that first 4 week pack of Chantix and told myself that it was enough to spend on the nico-demon!!! 

So, after 3 weeks on Chantix, I started weening myself off the drug by halving them and by the middle of that 4th week I just quit taking it!   Personally, I didn't experience any withdrawals getting off the drug and I never looked back!  A lot of this I can attribute to just plain NOT wanting to smoke and the desire to start collecting the "savings" from not smoking!!!  Like it has been mentioned, right now for you, it's a mental thing!!!  If you are totally committed, you will not smoke...  no matter what kind of junkie thinking enters your brain.

That's my story.  I'm not saying that everyone can do it the way I did it!  It can be done, though!  Do what YOU think is best for you!  Do what ever it takes to protect your quit!!!  You might try taking half doses every other day for a few days and then maybe every 3rd day and so on!  You will definitely know what's right for you!  I do know that most Chantix users did well slowly weening off the drug.  Like I said, being a very "frugal" kind of guy, I just didn't want to spend another dime on the addiction! 

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 398
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,950
Amount Saved: $1,641.75
Life Gained:
Days: 68 Hrs: 13 Mins: 54 Seconds: 9

• Quit Meter

$44,220.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter