Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

sleep and dreams ....

16 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thankyou for your advice. I have been taking naps after I finish work to combat some of the worst of my cravings. Today was much easier already. Although I know I still have a struggle ahead of me, I still feel very positive. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Naomi, glad you enjoy the site, it made a difference for me. I did the patch too, and I enjoyed the dreams too, thats probably the only thing that I miss. Sleep as much as you can the first few weeks, it helps you heal your body! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 383 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,040.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Although I set my quit date as today, I stopped last night and used my first patch just before bed. I had the most amazing, vivid dreams all night long. My husband noted this morning that I remembered so much more details than I usually do. I didn't link the two things untill now, reading these messages. I can't wait to go back to sleep now!!! Naomi P.S. I love this site, it is the most amazing find, and I feel so good about stopping smoking whenever I am on here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I stop the patchs because of the dreams, I quit again cold turkey. I couldn't stand not sleeping for so long. Whatever work for you Good Luck and stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The dreams are a HOOT, aren't they? I'm on the patch & mine have been very vivid. Sometimes I can't tell if they are a dream or reality. One night I had one, & I was laughing so hard in it, I woke myself up giggling. And I dreamed (?) all night, non-stop. Oh what fun they have been!!! Now that I'm on the 14mg's I don't dream as much. I used to sleep about 9 hours but since I quit, I'm sleeping 10-12 hours a night. I have 1 more week on the 14's & then go down to the 7 mg's. I keep the patch on all night because I'm not ready to do it diffenently yet. I think once I get into the 7's for a week, I'll be ready to take it off when I go to bed. Just one night & day at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $327.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One of my many quit attempts was with the patch and I kept it on overnight because I couldn't hack the morning craves...that aside, I remember the super vivid dreams and I have to admit I enjoyed them, it was like being in an epic movie. My fave dreams were about start trek and the holodeck. One night the dreams were so vivid that lol believe it or not Captain Pickard told me it was time to leave the ship and resume my daily activities and I walked out of my dream and into awake land. I felt totally refreshed and I was in a really good mood. LOL I used to urge my friends to try the patch just for the dreams :) The patches were a really excellent stop smoking aid in that they really did work....but sadly my resolve wasn't all it could have been, and I relapsed. I'm so glad that this time I'm successful :-) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 559 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,180.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I also quit with the patch but haven't used it in a long time now and I also was having vivid dreams, no patch at night through and also waking up every hour. This continued until just about a week ago, now once in awhile I will wake up and check the time. I also discovered that I sleep a lot less now. The nights I do get to sleep all the way through have been great through. I am just so glad to still be quit, I pray for the strength to never smoke again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $328.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jimmie Dinna keep the patches on at night Believe me I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 590 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,097.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 119 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for beating me to it members! Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit without Chantix or the patch and I had incredibly vivid dreams, non stop all night long. They lasted for a couple of weeks, perhaps just part of the quit? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $498.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: