Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

I am having problems concentrating:(

16 years ago 0 235 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Like everyone else has said Mrs. Nick, this will pass. For me anyway, within two weeks that fuzzy-headed feeling was gone. You are doing fabulous in your quit! I am self-employed, so I had the luxury of just taking a few days to hide in the dark while the worst of the withdrawal symptoms took their toll. Yeah rah rah you for maintaining even a semblance of normality at work! *G* And yeah rah rah for your employers for being so supportive! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 874 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,971.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 95 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mrs. Nick I am medically retired from a stroke.. almost 5 yrs ago. I have some cognitive deficits . but noticed I was even more spacey..lol I was afraid coffee would be a trigger.. but it hasn't been. One moring on my way to town.. I bought a latte..for one of my rewards.. and not smoking in the car... (they have chocolate covered coffe beans.. yu chew up..) It will go away. and when it does, you will be much clearer headed.. Drink lots of water. I still have a water bottle handy, one in the car with me.. GREAT to hear your company is soo supportive YEAH [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mrs. Nick Loss of concentration is fairly common. I walked around like a bobble head doll for 3 weeks or more. I kind of got into a groove with it and accepted that this was me for the time being. They say alot of it is the body ridding itself of carbon dioxide and other stuff and should be seen as a sign of healing. It won't last forever, the body does adapt...Glad to hear that you have some understanding folks around you... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 436 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,578.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 81 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$66,559.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1373 Hours: 10

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had almost zero concentration at work during the first three weeks of my quit! I had told everyone why thou. I was the hardest on myself for it. It is aggravating and frustrating but it does leave. Just takes time, like almost everything when you quit smoking. Hang in there, it is worth it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,044 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $407.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can't say I noticed but then I live alone for the time being, Mrs Nick, and I speak to my wife by phone three times a day and she said nothing about it. Which probably means that I'm more spaced out than together most of the time anyway... (LOL) But you're doing the right thing by asking for repeats of information. And, I think you are crazy lucky to have a tolerant and patient boss. You're in your 4th Day and the nicotine should have left your system by tonight and you see, your mind will clear-up and a bright new life will dawn on you as you get further into your quit!! Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MS. Nick, its ok to be scattered, we all get that way, your body is reacting to the lack of the poisens in your body, just dont give in to it, just keep fighting it, drink lots of water, flush that ole Nico deamon out of your system :) Hnag in there :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2036 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,126.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 291 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$14,570.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 7

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mrs Nick, Just as it has been said, a lack of concentration is fairly common among new quitters as nicotine is a stimulant. As is coffee so you could very well be dealing with a domino effect. Keep a pad & paper handy to write down a few notes may be of help to you. Hang in there. This too shall pass! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey mrs nick! Been there! It passes so don't worry! I don't drink much but I felt drunk for the first week and then slightly disorientated for a few days into the second week. I had a slip towards the end of the first week where I thought I couldn't handle it and had one cig but it really messed me up and prolonged all the withdrawal symptoms so no matter how bad it gets, trust me, its not worth it! I'm 3 weeks today and I've barely thought about cigs the last 2 or 3 days, its wonderful! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �162.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lainey, Thanks for the addvice. I stopped drinking coffee when I quit because I would smoke with my coffee. I will try tea and see if it helps. It my be caffein withdrawal that is effecting my concentration. I am going to start a exersize program to see if that helps. I hope you have a good day. I still wish we had spellcheck. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Mrs Nick! What your experiencing is totally normal. I don't know of anything that will help...except time. Your body and brain are healing....getting amounts of oxygen that they are not used to. Your brain is learning to work without the nicotine. Thats a good thing! Stay with it. My "fuzzy head" lasted a few days, but then started to get better quickly. I'm sure wiser people than I will be along here soon that may have more ideas to help. Congrats on your three days! AWESOME! Dan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 170 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,810.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: