Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Will the Second week get any better?

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Karen, look into the tool & resources for helpful aids to the cravings, as Danielle says. Nonic and Sparky are giving you the essential answers here below... Stay strong and fight through the meanness of nicotine. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karen, We are all different. Some crave more the second week than the first. Work through the tools of the program. You'll find lots of tips & tricks to help you push through. Our forums are equally a great resource! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
karen I am not sure how to quantify the degree of difficulty by the weeks, except to say that the biginning was difficult for me. Are you drinking water. I mean really drinking water, like until you can't take another ounce and then drink more. That was the main thing that got me through the worst of the physical withdrawal. There is a correlation between drinking water and diminishing craves. I can't tell you why, but I know that it works. Keep at it, eventually things will lighten up... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 420 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,410.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 78 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$66,706.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1376 Hours: 8

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The first week was hard, but the second and third were difficult for me. Around days 8-10 I would fail. I don't know why, but it happened more than once. And the third week I would get bored, if that makes any sense, and think I could get by with one, NOT. For me I take each day as it comes, some are easy and others have the committee chatting away in my head. I have not smoked today and I plan on going to bed smoke free, that is all I can ask for today. I will worry about tomorrow when I wake up. You are doing just fine. Life style changes can be an adventure. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $882.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI I have made it through the first week with no problem? Maybe one or two cravings but passed. The 8th and 9th day I have been craving. I hear that the second week is not spose to be as bad though you get the craving but it passes. I no that week on is the HELL week. But I am finding it the opposite? Is this normal? to feel this way? Any output out there how you guys have been feeling by the second week!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: