Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Wow...day 1 is almost over...

16 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[i]That and my 2 year old learning to say 'no way'[/i] LOL...:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $732.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's fabulous, bresmama, of course you should get the same breaks & way to make it happen. You're looking good too, 12 days!! That's almost 2 weeks. Reward time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $660.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
what a great idea, bresmama! Good for you for being so proactive. Yeah! Nonsmokers have rights, too!!!!...lol....how funny to be identifying with the nonsmokers now. So, grad school, huh? I did that not that long ago. You definitely are a woman who can accomplish whatever she wants once she sets her mind to it. Go bresmama, go!!!! As for the kids returning, it helps to let them know what to expect, before they get home e.g., we're going to have this for dinner, we're going to do this in the morning, etc. we know they know all this, but it helps for them to wrap their little minds around it before they are there -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $761.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys just wanted to check in. Day 12 was the best one yet. Yesterday was tough but things have been VERY stressful around here, and things that would normally have led me to practically chain smoke have barely even tempted me this week. I started reading the EasyQuit book. Along with the meds I'm starting to feel really positive about quitting. 10 days ago I wouldn't have believed it. My stepkids come home tomorrow (they spent the first half of the summer with their mom)..and though they're here 99% of the time..it always makes things go from 0 to 100 when they first come home after summer visitation. That and my 2 year old learning to say 'no way'..along with our 2nd car dying, and needing to buy a new one is REALLY testing my quit. But I"m holding up. I've started to feel bad for smokers. As in..wow, I'm so glad that I'm no longer a slave to a weed...poor them. I also started a new thing at work where the non-smokers take just as long as a break and a lunch as the smokers. When the smokers go to smoke we take a nice long walk around the block. Which is a new thing in my office...smokers used to take breaks while the non smokers didn't. We shouldn't feel like we're losing out on something because we chose to have a healthier lifestyle...right? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bresmama Hang in there, I'm on day one and scared, but you encourage me! Thanks and hang in there you'll do fine. shutterbug
Hey, bresmama! nice to see you, welcome back. A slip isn't the worst thing in the world, big WOOHOO!! to you for getting right back on the wagon, that's the way you'll get it done. Changing your meter is up to you & a completely personal choice, no one is going to judge whatever you decide. If you do decide to change it, I can't tell you how because I think you sign in on the new version & it might be different than the old one. I'm sure someone will be along soon can help you with it. Hang in, you'll make it this time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $638.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys...Sooo I had a slip up. I smoked 3 cigarettes on Saturday night. I barely remember doing it. I feel really bad:-( But the good news is that on Sunday when I woke up I didn't feel like smoking, and haven't even come close to slipping since then. But I wanted to confess that I did that. Do I change my quit meter to say 3 days now? and anyone know how I do that. I don't deserve the stats that are at the bottom of this post. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bresmama, how are you doing? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
WOOHOO!!! Bresmama!! That's awesome & so are you!! I knew you could do it and doesn't it feel fabulous? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $583.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bresmama - that is awesome!! I wish I had seen your earlier posts when it happened, I remember that feeling - and I cried too. I think it was a goodbye my killer friend cry in retrospect. I buried those cigs in that emotional moment I think. I am on chantix also, DH and I quit the same day. Drinking is less fun for me now, alas, I used to love to drink wine and smoke, love it too much :) Now I seem to love water ;) anywhooo I have wine with dinner most nights, never had any issues with the chantix and haven't seen anything in the literature that came with my pills either. How you feel right now will only get better!! No more wheezing, coughing, that little tickle when you lie down - all gone. I am thrilled for you and hope you have a great time at the wedding this weekend. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: