Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,717 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142, HIngle_McCringleberry

Yesterday, a day of hell.

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, tryagain. Sorry you had such a bad day, hope your hand is OK & hope you see a doctor. An egg roll won't kill you & I am amazed that in the middle of all that & a scrap with your husband, you still had the presence of mind to NOT SMOKE. That would have been one of those "good reasons" for a lot of people. You are definitely strong enough to do this & I am proud of you! Give yourself a reward, girl, you earned one for sure. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $462.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It was my first day totally nic free. I'm afraid I failed miserably. I had no NRT and determined to make this my first day completely free of all nicotine. Not having a cigarette, not having NRT not eating and keeping on my diet. It was just too much for me, way too much. I'm afraid the competing forces caused me just to fall apart. I work all the time, and I mean all the time. 12 to 14 hours a day, every day, 7 days a week. My last day off was New Years Day. This is hard grueling physical labor, lifting up to over 100 pounds, wrestling dogs down and keeping them there. I'm tired, tired, exhausted and the mental and emotional effort of not smoking and not eating is more than I can handle. I'm not young anymore. I got bit, really bad, I mean really bad. I got a number of puncture wounds and a couple of really deep canine slashes. That was just trying to get the darn dog out of the cage! I told my husband to call the owner and tell him that bathing and haircutting for this dog just wasn't going to happen today. Another day, not this day. I treated my bites, wrapped up my hand, put on a rubber glove, popped an aspirin for the pain and went back to work. My husband started to argue with me, the owner would never bring the dog back, we should try AGAIN to get the dog out of the cage and groom him. I don't CARE if I ever see that dog again. I told him that he was the coldest man I ever saw, not one person in a hundred, maybe a thousand would get bit like that and go back to work. I was bleeding through the bandages! Still cutting hair! I counted too. Not just thirty bucks for a dog, it's not that huge a sum of money that I needed to take another risk. Anyway, I'm sorry to take all this up for a rant, but I caved in. s I didn't have a cigarette, but I did go down and get another box of gum. I had an egg roll too. I'll diet some other time, take the egg roll as a diet slip. I'm done in. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,480.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: