Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Another Patch Question...

16 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys, I appreciate the conern but Im cool. Today is day 2 with no patch and Im great. I really swear the tea tree chewing sticks have helped me more than anything. Leaving the old patch on for an extra day only made my chest more red. Ill admit that was a bad idea. For me personally, I find the lowering your dosages in steps fine BUT I dont eprsonally get what an extra week of 7MG patches is really gonna do for me. I only see it as delaying the withdrawl of not having a patch anymore. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jon, I quit the patch after 2 or 3 weeks because my doc advised it (for health reasons). While I may have had a little more dificulty with physical withdrawal over the course of the following few days, it was managable... for me. Someone else may have had a tougher time with it. Just know what to expect and adjust accordingly. If you feel like you're floudering, get back on the nic patch program. Do whatever you have to do... as long as you don't smoke. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $721.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jonthedj, [i]"Many folks on here quit cold turkey are they pretending too?"[/i] Nice observation! Each to their own but why don't you just leave those patches in the shop and join the ranks of the unpatched but definitely quit!! It certainly is liberating! :) Good luck whatever you decide. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,500.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 176 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$56,771.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 13

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CAREFUL I have been there. I began to think that the patch was doing nothing for me so I stopped and WHAM I nearly caved.. They take a while to take effect again its not like a quick smoke!!! I repeat BE CAREFUL One who knows..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 288 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,336 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,512.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks carylene. Kind of makes you wonder whether breaking the rules is such a hot idea ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You asked the question in your last post not me ??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In response to your original post, I don't think the patch releases anything much after 24 hours, it is designed to deliver the dose over 1 day. However, I think you were having some irritability issues a couple of days ago, and maybe you are trying to go too fast off the patch. I do think that if you smoke you spend a lot of money. If you stay on the patch, yes, you spend some money, but not as much probably and there IS an end to it. So if you try to accelerate too fast to save money, and loose your quit you will be spending money on cigarettes. For what it's worth, i think bear was replying to your original question "am I pretending here" about the patch lasting more than one day, not implying you were pretending about your quit.
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jon, We are not here to judge but we would encourage you to prepare for this stepdown as some members do experience a few days of adjustment. Although we do recommend following the full course of treatment, everyone is different. Keep us posted. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jon Why take the chance??? I was the most nastiest person for 2 days after quitting the patch about 6 weeks before I should have. I was playing roulette with my quit and wish I hadn't. I forgot to put the patch on when I left for work and thought I would give it a try. I'm ok now but I regretted that foolish move. I didn't smoke but I was not fun to be around and I felt as if I was new to quitting and cold turkey. If you could stay on for a little while longer you'll appreciate it. I know what it feels like to want to get the nicotine out of your system and done and over with, but are you stronger than the intense desire to smoke you will have when you stop the patch??? I say this because the ones who worked the program on the patch as prescribed did not have the intense withdrawal I went through stopping early. what ever you do don't put your quit at risk and keep a patch around in case you need it. Stay close and ask for help if you need it. You have been there for a great many of us and I for one am here for you no matter what you decide!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,345 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $737.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What do you mean by Im pretending? I have been smoke free and im totally fine today with no patch. Many folks on here quit cold turkey are they pretending too? I just dont feel the need to give those companies more money than I have to.

Reading this thread: