Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

WHY NOW?...can you give me a pep talk?

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry I missed the PJ party last night. I went to bed a 9pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To everyone...thanks for the support on a rough day! It is a better day today. Tutti... we will have to im eachother. Yes.. we do have allot in common. May I give you a commpliment??....... I saw you stats of 18 smoke free days. Wow...you should be so proud...not only for the 18 days...but for the way you encourage everyone with more days behind them then yourself. What a gal!!!!! Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 956 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210.09 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
TUTTI STORMY LITTLE J'S MOM RUSTY, Your loving...understanding replys brought tears to my eyes and made me feel sooooooooooooooooo much better. I wish I could give you guys a hug. In our stop smoking center forum there was this post about Joe Cool. He only smoked three years and got cancer. I read all the replys. I read his wifes reply too. I was CURED FROM WANTING A CIGARETTE instantly!! I felt so foolish for not appreciating my blessings. For having the chance (God willing) to not die of cancer like that. Tutti......You are so intuitive. Yes... I have fibromyalgia. I have had flares for years. I delt with it. This summer I got very sick and I have been diagnosed with connective tissue disorder (sort of a form of lupus) along with the fibromyalgia. What ever it is I have... it seems to cause anxiety attacks. Infact the doctor had given me Lorazpam for it. I just ache all over and the cold weather does not help. This was one of the reasons I quit smoking for good. I also started to eat organic. Very little meat and lots of fish. I want to be healthy as I have always been a very upbeat and energetic person. Last year I hiked 7 hours on trials at Mt Ranier. Over 4 hours was climbing. Now this year I am sick. But after reading about Joe Cool getting lung cancer so young...it put it in perspective. Guess I just don't feel good and am having an anxiety attack. Oh did I mention....as I was writing this I burned my rice...BIG TIME. What a day...what a day...... what next?? Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 935 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Thank you so much Rusty, I am clued to the computer. This is the longest I have ever gone not smoking. Other times I have quit...and had a hard time like today...I seemed to turn into a pre-programed robot who got into her car ....sped to the corner store...bought the cigarettes and smoke two in a row before I even knew what happeded. I am staying focused. I just don't like the tight feeling in my chest. Almost like a muscle cramp. I won't be stupid this time. Thanks again Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 934 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Hi everyone, I so much rather write an encouraging post...but I think I need help. I am working on being very positive (all day).. that I WILL NOT EVEN CONSIDER SMOKING!! BUT.... I am having a limbo....depressed...off kilter....irritable....foggy brained....tight chest feeling day!And I feel like this.....now...after starting my 6 weeks. I quit Sunday January 21st. This Sunday marked 6 Sundays ago I quit. And... it is Thursday....so it has been 6 weeks and 4 days!! All day I keep inhaling and exhaling. It is like my chest feels good when I take a deep breath and exhale. Like BIG sighing sounds. I have an overwhelmed feeling....with nothing to really be overwhelmed about. I guess each tight chest feeling feels like a crave..and I just keep taking deep breaths and exhaling. Please.... say anything. :( Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 934 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am having this exact same day!!! I just posted about it in a reply on the "32 day twitches thread".. Ugh. All I can tell you in way of "pep talk" is what I keep telling myself: No matter how much I am in limbo, depressed, off kilter, irritable, foggy brained, tight chest feeling .... at least I AM NOT A SMOKER. And that's the bottom line. I also keep telling myself tomorrow will be better. And if it's not? Well, then I'll be a depressed, off kilter, irritable, foggy brained, tight chested NON-SMOKER in limbo then too! Hang in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 492 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$221,393.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6008 Hours: 3

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy have you been hit with that 30 day slump yet that I've been reading about? Little J, You're there at the 30 day slump. Keep telling yourselves that it WILL pass. And it will. I keep reading those posts about the 30 days slump but I'm also seeing the same folks pull out of it after a few days. Ya'll hang in there so you can hang on to me if I hit it. ha ha ha Are we having fun yet? Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 844 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Heya Mercy, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Mercy, we are in pretty much the same boat so it was easy for me to see what was happening with you today. I have diabetes and I dealt with it too. (Bet you're also the REAL STRONG type who tries to deal with everything without worrying the family. Right? HA HA HA) I did real good until the illness took a turn for the worse and then, I believe the illness became too heavy for my to carry. I kept trying though so, there came anxiety attacks. Mercy, when you get hit with an anxiety attack, keep doing your breathing and remind yourself that you aren't slipping away. The tightness in your chest is just part of anxiety. IT cannot hurt you. You know how we fuss at the Nicodemon? Do that same thing to an anxiety attack too. I've been doing that for years and when I've having an attack, it'll stop after I *itch at it real good. ha ha ha It puts YOU back in the driver's seat and you're the one calling the shots. Not the fear. And, post, post, post whenever you have an attack. I'll see you and I'll come running and so wil the rest of the gang. What would we do without each other? Ain't we all just grand!!!! ;) You're doing really good. Man, I'm proud of you. Look at those stats. And these anxiety attacks, you'll get passed those too. Never be afraid to talk about them. Okay? It really helps to keep talking. BIG GROUP HUG!!!! :) Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 844 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
Mercy, I kep this: Deep Breathing: 1) Take a slow deep breath in through your nose to the slow count of five. Push your tummy out at the same time. 2) Slowly breathe out through your mouth to the count of 7. 3) Repeat this 3 times, as you feel yourself relaxing and the stress dropping away. Tension Releasing: 1) Let go of the tension in your neck and shoulders. 2) Let go of the tension in your jaw. 3) Focus completely on your breathing, nothing else. 4) As you exhale, let your shoulders drop and let your body sink into wherever you are. 5)Repeat this until you feel relaxed and centered. Focus on this technique for a while, okay? Cry if you need to just release some tension. Smack someone around if need be. LOL NOT!!! I'm trying to get your attention off of how tense you are right now. 46!!Days without a cigarette!!!!! 934!!Cigarettes that you HAVE NOT smoked!! 205.62!!!that YOU have saved....YOU saved it, no one but YOU!! Look at those stats hun!!! I know you've got what it takes!!! You're all that and more!!! Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 844 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
Mercy, calm down. Okay? You're very, very stressed and that's why your chest is tight. Every symptom that you listed in your post, are symptoms of anxiety. You're okay. I promise, you're okay. If you're feeling scared, sort of panicky, just try to calm down and know that you ARE okay. First off, have you ever felt this way BEFORE your quit? Is there anything else going on that is causing you stress or making you feel depressed. Do you think that these feelings are from your Quit or could there possible be something else making you feel anxious? Think about that and let us know. Okay? For now, KNOW that you are okay. I've had anxiety attacks too and they will NOT hurt you. The day is almost over, you'll be home, leave supper up to someone else or pick up something on your way home, and then kick those shoes off, jump into those lounging britches, and RELAX. Then come back to the site and tell us how you're feeling. Okay? Hang in there, hun. You're doing a wonderful job with your quit and we'll work through this bump in the road too. Okay? Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 842 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, I am sooooo sorry you're having one of "THOSE" days, and I can relate to all that you're feeling, as I understand completely. I was noticing your stats....That's a fantastic job you're doing. Hang in there, things will settle down. Go with the flow and ride it out. It WILL get better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 234 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,878 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $877.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: