Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

mayday!

17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The first week I had something like that but the deep breathing did help me. I just felt like I couldn't get a full breath sorta hyper-ventilating. Breathing, in through the nose and slowly out the mouth helps. So did the water and getting involved in something to distract the mind helped. Good luck and it wouldn't hurt to check with your dr. Stick with your no smoking, imaclear's right, a cigarette won't help at this point. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OPS!
  • Quit Meter

$295,197.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 17

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

It�s day 11 ([i]cold Turkey[/i]) and I�m totally weird! The whole day I�ve had painful panic attacks and now by 17,30 (W. European time) I feel exhausted. A few days ago, I complained about chest pain and breathing problems. Now I know for sure that they�re panic symptoms. What I don�t know is how long they�re going to last and how can I get read of them. Thanks a million! mitri PS: No temptation but only disgust!
  • Quit Meter

$295,197.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

What a wonderful poem! You�re so talented. It would definitely help me to go on, thanks. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your freedom. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$295,197.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi everybody! Your support and suggestions were great, thanks so much. I felt immediately better as soon as I stopped working! I�ve never had it during the night either. My doc. found me all right and suggest that I should relax, do more sport and take valerian in difficult moments. I actually eliminated my morning coffee and am doing more relaxing part of my work. I really feel OK by now. However my panic concerned only my breathing not my heart or any other part of my body. I also should add that only during the past 5 years I�ve smoked 4/5 cigs a day, before that, for more than 25 years, I smoked 20 cigs each day. I really appreciate your help, and whish you all a marvellous day. Mitri
  • Quit Meter

$295,197.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks so much for your caring Nonic! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$295,197.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks phil, and congratulations for your day 192. Thanks nonic for your extraordinary reflection and sense of humour. The concept of the [i]wild bist[/i] suits perfectly our case. And getting aware of its imaginary existence sounds like becoming a pioneer in our own terra incognita! And imallclear, thanks for your! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$295,197.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like that... nonic
Hey mitri: Here is one from the journal I did back on day 20 something...Maybe it will help you a bit...I am off this weekend, but I do wish you well...I can see in your words that you really want this and I want it for you too... nonic I Set my mind against the tide I set my mind against the tide, as a sailor sets a sail straight into a westward wind, that soon became a gale. The harbor lights were far behind, when the sky bled blue to gray. The chop was fine and coming fast and my boat began to sway. Broadside and true she took each wave and fell to meet the next. The troughs were deep the angles steep my thoughts were dark and vexed. And in that hour the taunting came, from deep within the storm. Derision scorn and vile blame, took endless ghostly form. Loathing lingered on the deck as doubt engulfed the mast. And from the east, a tiny speck flew toward me from the past. Larger loomed this bird of prey in silence loud and clear. With stealth and guile it ruled the day for this was cold dark fear. Fear stretched out a deadly claw and danced with doubt and scorn around the sail I�d bravely set they mocked the oath I�d sworn. The bitter wind grew stronger still as hopelessness appeared and played a mournful melody for doubt and scorn and fear. �Come join the dance� the storm intoned I know you know the steps. �I�ll bring you peace� the wind exclaimed �with one more cigarette.� But just between the flash and fade the lightning wind and storm were all inventions I had made while I was busy being born. For I have lost a lover who would kill me where I stand but found a better friend in me cause I know who I am. I set my mind against the tide as a sailor sets a sail� I set my mind against the tide As a sailor sets a sail�.. I set my mind against the tide as a sailor sets a sail�.
mitri: My heart goes out to you my friend...If you feel that the panic attacks are out of control please, please, please go see your doctor immediately. I too have had these things... You are in my prayers tonight, please take care of yourself and let us know what is going on... nonic

Reading this thread: