Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Week Two - Emotions?

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Been smoke free for 1 wk. Not looking forward to "Heck wk." . Lord help us ! Things have been goin pretty good , but have noticed an "edge" developing. Thank you all for being there.
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stone, Someone wrote somewhere not to worry ...it is definetly part of quiting...as it takes something like 7 months for the bran chemistry to settle in. The brain was use to being fed nicotine that is a mood elevator. It has to learn to make it's own on a consistant basis. Hang in there Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First off 2tone might I start by Saying WAY TO GO ON THE QUITING THING!!! As for finding you....that is unfortunately something soul searching can only do for you. I recommend starting something new to rekindle relationships...wether it be with your wife (which will give her release as well with her career) or your friends. Go to a river walk or even a park of some sort. Being in nature opens your mind to conversation which leads to high communication. Win win for both parties. Good luck and Keep up the good work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't agree with you about keeping your feelings inside!! Even for a guy, you don't have to get mushy, but I think I can speak for a lot of girls, your partner or friends probably wish they knew what was bothering you most of the time. Just my opinion. Good Luck, Sous [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2tone I like the fact that you are answering your own posts...reminds me of the constant dialogue I have with myself...In any case, for me this is a physical, emotional and spiritusl journey...Up and down is a good dscription...I belive that you will smooth that out in a while as you learn to deal with external stimuli sans smoking...Hang tough, you can do this because smoking is never an option... Stay well nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,999 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $581 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, 2tone, at least we didn't ask you what time of the month it was for you! haha Sorry!! Couldn't resist! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Hi 2tone, First I have to laugh at you answering yourself! Quite cute... I'm on day 5, and here is my mental attitude in this thing: When I got divorced, it was by choice, but harder than hell. I hated the emotional roller coaster, the anxiety, and everything else that goes with it. I know that if I can handle that life changing event, I can handle this one. When the roller coaster hits, as I'm sure it will, I'm prepared (hopefully) to look at it as I did during post-divorce... it will pass eventually. I don't think smoking again will stop the emotional roller coaster, in my situation, because I would feel so guilty and ashamed of myself for smoking that the roller coaster might get worse instead of better. What I'm trying to say, is ride the damn thing, knowing that it will eventually let you off. Exercise, focus, do something that makes you happy, focus some more, meditate, sing, laugh, whatever it takes. Hang in there! I enjoy your posts.
haha... Funny Kaiti! You're on a roll today! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi 2Tone, you mentioned that before you whery happy but maybe it was not true happiness maybe smoking was masking how you really felt and just maybe instead of bottling all these feeling inside you should learn how to let them out some how! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone - You see, this is what happens to old, burned-out professionals like me. People have warned me about this for years. 'You better get yourself a hobby...' they'd say. Now, I have to find one and I really have no where to start. Everything I always wanted to do, I did (I think). Times and priorities change. I just don't want my boredom to come between me and my quit! Now that I don't have anything to do, I want to do it healthy :). Let's face it, looking back, I guess smoking was my hobby (very pathetic) and I was real good at it. Time to look elsewhere. Thanks, all! Peace. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$357,666.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9151 Hours: 1

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: