Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

stress is building,,nerves are getting to me...

17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, I'll bet you anything that the only thing that can make you feel worse than you already do is lighting a cigarette; spare yourself that final indignity. You are SO worth it! peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 773 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
monica, I am so sorry that you are under such stress! Like josie said , you ned some time for you keep strong and you will get through this hugs of support lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 322 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 16

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, welcome and I'm so glad you got through this day and are feeling better. Sorry that you are so very impacted by illness and disability. But listen, care givers are quite notorious for not taking care of themselves, and you have gone and TAKEN CARE OF YOU!!! I'm so very proud of you! Going out to the mall was BRILLIANT!!! You have 14 days smober in the midst of all that! So pat yourself on the back, you so deserve the freedom and the great health that goes along with quitting. Please, continue to take care of yourself, ok? We are all here to help you; and give us a shout if you need some laughs or a hug {{{{MONICA}}}} or a pep talk!! And read all you can about the addiction, knowledge really IS power. One foot in front of another will get you where you want to go. [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/Small_parrot_2.gif[/IMG] Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 905 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Monica. You have to distract yourself until it passes. It does pass and at the end of the day don't you feel great that you didn't smoke! You deserve to be pampered. Enjoy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Monica You are doing soooooooooo well through such a difficult time. Children seem to bring out the soft side in us....and it isn't unusual to go through some teary times during our quit. I've been stressing lately too (although I don't have nearly as much on my plate as you)...Perhaps we need to come up with a TOP 10 list of ways to deal with a bad day! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,297 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, You are one strong lady. I'm so impressed with you. You're having a rough ride - and wisely not using cigarettes for a temporary fix. Obviously, you understand that a cigarette would only be a temporary fix - that's why you wont smoke now. Sending you big hugs, Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,584 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, Way to beat the craving. 2 weeks is awsome and worth a great reward. I know there is alot going on, use it as motovation. Think of how strong you will be and feel when you overcome these challenges right now. Don't give up, don't give in. You Can Do It... Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,976 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $392 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you are under a lot of stress. Previously we coped with stress by smoking, a very short-term fix, as it never really 'fixed' anything... It is important to reward yourself and it is also important to take 'me' time. I can't think of anyone else, though, with more reason or incentive to quit. You set the example for others in your family by breaking the smoking cycle. Congratulations! Inadvertantly you may be saving your children, grandchildren, etc...from the clutches of cancer! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,373 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $536 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Monica! You deserve a special night. And if you think for a minute that you are going to eat and/or smoke the whole bag, you are sadly mistaken...pass those cheezies down this way, will ya? ~~~ Congrats on making it another day. That's all that counts...one day at a time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $536 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, Good job! You deserve a great night of pampering. Off to bed early and start fresh tommorrow. You'll be glad you kept persevering! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: