Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

This is an extract from an email from someone who has never smoked!

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, that's amazing that your non smoking friend does truly understand the process! Great friend you have there Phil! Keep up the awesome work! Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Would have to agree.......sounds like a good friend that understands what quitting is all about...not the ones that say "well it's been 30 days...get on with it" [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 997 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now that's a friend worth having, Phil. Not only great insight but he remembers your quit. I've dealt with non smokers before whose attitudes have basically been, "Quit and get on with it.", or "what's the big deal, just don't smoke." I've even had someone who said to me, "Do you want to end up like your mother?" My mum died of cancer this past January. Well, the answer of course is "NO", but couldn't they have been a bit more tactful? It's sure nice to see a non smoker who understands, who can actually offer some support. That's a good pal, Phil. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mel I am (nearly) always positive. Luv Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,662 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �435.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
This shows amazing understanding worth sharing!! from a friend to me at 80 days! Hey I'm proud of you well done I'm sure by now the habit has been kicked it is now the mindset change to realise that you are in control and not the nicotine, this is where many let the drug control them but you are well down that road now. Bet you are feeling so much better too and the taste buds will be repairing themselves. Hope you don't turn into a complainer about smokers like Ben did he constantly complains that how disgusting the smell is and how peoples clothes smell nothing worse than an ex-smoker hey? Well? Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �430.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Hey Sharon... You make me feel all shy and embarrassed(He said blushing) I dont believe in complaining it does not get you anywhere. Nor does smoking come to think!!! Phil xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �430.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Musical chairs! About 50 years ago! XXXXX [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �430.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow what a good friend, smokers stink, we all know that now.... Just move away from it, it lasts a few minutes, till they light up the next one ,it's like musical chairs, Phil have you ever played musical chairs? Penitent we all stank but we stopped stinking, takes a lot of courage to do it you know that, maybe that's why some people just can't stand the smell anymore...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 139 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,091 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $556 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a good friend to remember your quit. It doesn't matter how he processes it; what matters is he cared enought to write you. As I told you in my email about AA people ask me why I still go to meeting after all those years. Simple I want to stay sober!! I come here because I want to stay smoke free. Now if someone doesn't get, so what. We are free today. I would love to join everyone in muscial chairs. Must tell I like to win :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 145 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 340 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phil I think the essence of being in control is about being aware of your choices and making the best decisions you can based on those choices. You continue to choose not to smoke. You are 82 days smoke free and you are in control. Bl**dy brilliant. Tell your friend that I can vouch for your good humour as well - there isn't an ounce of a complainer in you at all. All the best Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 164 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �43.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55

Reading this thread: