Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,512 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Did Anyone Else Have Really Bad Physical Withdrawal Symptoms???

17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phew! So I wasn't completely bonkers, then! My first week of quitting I was an absolute nightmare to be around. I gave my poor partner hell. He's still with me, thank goodness!! He thought the hypnotist who helped me quit had taken my personality away (!!) and left him with this weeping, moody, irritable wreck. I'm much better now - back to normal - and will use the memory of this awful time to make certain that I never, ever touch nicotine again. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweats yes , oh my god did i sweat !! , it is unbelieveble + i had a terrible headach that lasted for two days , i don't understand the reason behind sweating but it was strange!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi everyone i am 72 hours into this and so grateful people are sharing-i had what i thought was a panic attack first 24 hours of quitting. nervous like you would not believe. just not feeling well at all. aches and pains-my husband-a smoker- said" you are turning into a hypochondriac". Whatever! i know what i am feeling. so i bought a pedometer today and am starting a walking program monday. you have to do 10,000 steps a day to be considered average. anyway the stress balls really help and the sunflower seeds. i keep a bag of suckers nearby but so far my husband-the smoker-is the only one who is eating them. i can really smell smoke on people now-is anyone else experiencing that? i am craving but fighting tooth and nail. does anyone know how long before i start to feel like a normal person again. i hope this is not normal. good luck to all mom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok this was good I actully feel like I am losing my marble right this min. I love this place
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweats yes, no racing pulse or heartbeat though. Did have severe muscle pain in shoulders, neck & upper spine (my notorious area to carry stress), felt like a burning sensation. Oddly, this time around no crying (yet) but of course I'm only finishing up on Day 4! LOL . . . Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 141 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sense of smell definitely improves. That why the gas seems so smelly. Give it a couple of weeks. If the symptoms seem really outrageous, go to the doctor. What I had to do the first few days was research my symptoms of the Net. So I personally don't like being invalidated and told that my vomiting... are all in my head. It is fairly common. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,043 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
I beleive thay are all in the past tense, except for the gastroinstinal upset. I was just taking aback when I posted with withdrawal symptoms the first week and some peopl attributed them to panic, becaue they had nver heard of having heart palpitations or vomiting during withdrawals. The reactions sort of made me angry and I felt they were not helpful. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,037 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $185 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
I vomited, had heart palpitations, racing pulse, sweats, and gas. Am I really the only one? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
I don't understand why the body seems to struggle to regulate temperature after one quits, either. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,412 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $259 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mom.. cutting down on cafein helped me a ton with the nervousness. i read somewhere, and I really am unsure if it's proven truth or propaganda, that your body metabolises cafein faster when you smoke, the nervousness most people feel when they quit is cafein overdose.. It recomended cutting it in half, and drinking a lot of water. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42

Reading this thread: