Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Problem and one I did not expect ???

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there. OK. no shopping list. Yes, you are very normal. Being an unhappy new non-smoker is perfectly normal and to be expected. It took me a long time to become "happy" about it. Sometimes there is just nothing to be done except hang on and get through it. I think the reason home is so tough is that is where we can really let it all show - lots of time away from home is easier because we make it easier on ourselves with our expectations - no expectations at home - just us unguarded. All I can tell you is it does get better. As for coping now - do what you need to do - cry and scream if you need to - reading really helped me (Allen Carr was great). Your doctor can probably help you with the sadness if it goes on too long but only you know if that is for you. You are still very early in your quit so relax and stop putting so much pressure on yourself, all will come in time. Sorry, this is not what you wanted but hope you can get something from it. Your post just struck a cord and I had to answer - sometimes just hanging out here and helping others will help too. All the best. A very happy ex-smoker :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 638 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,959 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6539.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$35,689.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 743 Hours: 17

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: