Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I WILL NOT DO IT!!!!!!!

17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hurstk I've been where you are in previous quits, and guess what, here I am again ready to put myself through hell week all over again because I gave in last time. You've already made it past the toughest week, why do anything to lose that. Calm down, deep breaths, hot bubble bath, peace all around. You CAN do this and you will! Today is my quit day. I wrote myself a letter which has stayed in my pocket all day. It's a list of why I want to quit and then convincing myself to never give up like the last time. I'm hoping that if it ever gets bad enough, I will read it over and over and over again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hurstk I've been where you are in previous quits, and guess what, here I am again ready to put myself through hell week all over again because I gave in last time. You've already made it past the toughest week, why do anything to lose that. Calm down, deep breaths, hot bubble bath, peace all around. You CAN do this and you will! Today is my quit day. I wrote myself a letter which has stayed in my pocket all day. It's a list of why I want to quit and then convincing myself to never give up like the last time. I'm hoping that if it ever gets bad enough, I will read it over and over and over again.
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a cigarette dream last night and have had mild cravings all day. What helps me is remembering that I actually hated smoking, and the vomiting and heart palpitations I went through the first three days.
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One day at a time hurstk. Do your exercises you set out on joining, drink some water, delay - you KNOW the urge WILL pass. Remind yourself why you are quitting. Breathe and relax. Just say no Hurstk. You can do it :) Lol the things the "junkie" in us will do to just get that next hit. You can do it Hurstk :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 204 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Karen, Hang in there ok. Glad that you are feeling better today and you still have the family members around. Tennessee roads huh. I know them! Heck, I lived there up until about 6 years ago. Anyway, I think you may have started a new trend with eBay! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL well keep the humor herdsk! those kids i tell ya they they sure can drive ya crazy....oh and you can my teen on ebay too! You did really well taking that swim. Try to get some sleep.Just think to yourself you dont need that smoke.....it sure isnt gonna help the problems. Hang in there Correen
17 years ago 0 202 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
O.k. hurstk... Let me tell you somethin'... All of this crap you're going through right now would have happened whether you were smoking or not. The only thing YOU ARE in control of, if you want to be, is your quit. How do I know? The first week of my quit: -- I had $1,000 worth of unexpected repair bills -- I ended up in the emergency room with what thankfully *wasn't* a broken foot -- I found out my employment contract wasn't being renewed so I was out of a job come the beginning of August -- A pipe burst in my finished basement resulting in nearly a foot of water everywhere, destroying everything in the process The weeks since then haven't been any better: -- I still don't have a job -- I had to endure two horrible remaining weeks at the old one -- My car now needs a complete brake job which will be several hundred dollars -- We had horrendous storms here this week -- we've been out of power, out of phone service, water, sewer, etc. etc. etc. for 3.5 days -- with temps hovering around 100 degrees -- And, the one person who could "make it all better" -- my significant other -- is 4,000 miles away, and not reachable by phone or email. In a nutshell, life pretty much has sucked ever since I quit-- but I made up my mind no matter what crap life continues to throw at me, I'm going to be able to hold my held up feel proud about at least one thing -- that I didn't give up and give in. You can do the same, hurstk, if u choose and want to. Just remember, life will go on one way or another regardless. How you cope with all life throws your way is the only thing you have the power to decide. Best, Livadia [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $155 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$43,018.02

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 752 Hours: 4

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To add insult to injury, my husband had left during my original post to pick up our 10 year old from vacation bible school. He just called and has struck a deer in my vehicle. I NEED a little religion right now because I am about to go the #$%@ off!!! OK>>>OK>>>OK>>> Here's what I am going to do... It is about 97% right now outside. I am going to jump in our pool and start swimming laps. I'll either drown (smoke-free) or be back on in a bit!LOL Karen
Uh-oh........I'm having s reallllly hard time here. It has been over a week since my "little" slip and I have been soooooooooo good and so positive about getting right back up. My cravings have been few and manageable the last few days. I don't know what happened this afternoon. Came home tired, took a nap, dreamed (lustfully I might add)about smoking a cigarette. I have been awake for about two hours now and I am having a severe internal battle with myself. I even went and searched an old pickup truck of ours that is almost never driven in hopes of finding a stale one. I am a sicko! Going to a store is beginning to cross my mind, and at times like these I am thankful that we live in a very rural part of Tennessee and it takes me 30 minutes to get to town.
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE How come I can go throughout the day, with smokers around and it does not seem to phase me a bit. When I get home the urges are sometimes overwhelming. I do not enjoy any of the things I used to. I love to cook---now you better be old enough to fend for yourself or you will starve to death here! I used to be a bit fanatical about cleaning the house. I avoid that because I associate that with smoking. Sweep and mop the floor, a smoke break; fold a couple loads of laundry, a smoke break; etc... I have a very stressful job. I have 5 kids; two still at home and the other three come and go. I have a daughter (19) that is bipolar and I have been called out twice this week by co-workers (police) because of her antics, usually involving alcohol mixed with her meds. My husband is quitting with me, but he APPEARS to be having an easier time at it, however, he has said, more than once, "let me know when you want to give this quit up." In other words, he is waiting for me to fail as an excuse to fail himself---he's a stubborn SOB. That is exactly why I did not tell him about my previous "slip". Gosh....I think I feel better telling you folks all of this trash and I saved $150 an hour in therapy!!!

Reading this thread: