Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.762 posts in 47.062 threads.

160,845 Members

Please welcome our newest members: iloveludlow, maddshp, Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991

I`m going Crazy

17 years ago 0 233 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cassy, Do something to distract yourself even if its running or jumping jacks. You can do this! ~Valic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cassy, We are HERE....PLEASE, PLEASE use us. Don't worry about how much you are crying, let it go even if it takes days of crying. We are not that far apart on our quit and there have been days when I didn't know my body held that many tears, but it got me through another day along with this site. Even if you need to scream at us to take your mind off of things, most as much as you want and say WHATEVER you want. You have done so well Cassy, keep it up. I know it's hard to believe when you are in this mind set but tomorrow is another day and I know you feel so much better not smoking, remember that. Thinking of you and sending only good thoughts your way. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 286 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Cassy, this happened to me also, I cried for a whole day, couldn't stop myself, I called it a cleansing cry. I was in the garden puttering around in the soil and crying. I took a walk with the dog, crying I took a bublle bath still crying. By the end of the day I was so tired, I slept like a baby and that was that. So please don't smoke, this will pass. Good luck, you can do this :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 503 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cassy, I remember going through a rough time with my quit around day 20-25. It feels like a set back but I think it is a test. A test to sort out who is serious about quitting and who is not. You are serious. You are a non smoker now. Isnt that great. Show that demon that you are stronger than it and tell it to go to hell. You have done so well to get this far. Just keep doing what your doing and watch that meter grow. This will pass and you will come out of it stronger and wiser. Good luck. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Jo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $235 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cassy, maybe you are just going into your 30 slump a little early. Hang in there and it will be over before you know it. The more you resist cravings the easier it will be come the next time. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$75,042.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6533 Hours: 1

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Reconditioning each trigger is a very necessary part of recovery and should not be feared but anticipated. Again, the beauty is that our subconscious mind is not capable of true reasoning and that almost all of our trigger links will be disconnected or reconditioned after just one episode where they fail to produce new nicotine. An additional comforting fact is that over time the power and intensity of our desire or crave generator will diminish to the point of becoming almost insignificant. Almost like a battery gradually losing its charge, after about twelve weeks or 90 days our once powerful craves start becoming nothing more than ordinary �thoughts.� Just like the thought of a �nice juicy steak,� you will have total control over when you discard the thought. You may hear those in �cold turkey� recovery discuss long-term �craves� (months or years down the road) but when you quiz them they quickly admit that it was more like dreaming about a �Hot Fudge Sunday� and it came and went almost as quickly as any other normal desire. What's interesting is trying to learn what triggered the desire "thought," as it is usually some activity that was infrequently engaged in but during which the ex-smoker had previously smoked (weddings, funerals, graduations, births, etc.). Aside from our basic time trigger that has already been reconditioned, most of our psychological or habit triggers need to be encountered and reconditioned before total comfort begins arriving. Our psychological triggers may include such things as the habit of smoking while talking on the phone, driving a vehicle, working, upon waking, before going to bed, when leaving a store, when around other smokers, while drinking, surrounding romance, when alone, after meals, during celebrations, when sad, during stressful situations, during other specific emotions, or upon visiting specific locations (garage, porch, garden, in-laws, bathroom). You may notice a small crave spike on day seven of recovery as you celebrate your first full week of freedom. Almost all of us smoked as part celebrating. Unless you've developed an extremely healthy attitude, up until now you've probably been doing very little celebrating. When you do first celebrate, expect a visit from your joy trigger, your pride t
  • Quit Meter

$54,576.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5964 Hours: 4

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi cassy - I know that trying to think of a better time ahead is probably not helping right now... Stay in this moment. Distractions are the answer to where you are. A distraction could be a power walk - to move the energy through you and soften the rough edges... Calling a friend - venting - or come here and just type freely - VENT, get it out. Paint a wall. Go in the bathroom or kitchen and clean the grout with a toothbrush - scrub until the energy shifts. Take a nap (sleep is soooo healing)... SHIFT THE ENERGY... it's almost magical when it happens - the stress softens, and you are more peaceful. Healer [url=[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/lilfairy.gif[/IMG]][IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g31/healerwithin/lilfairy.gif[/IMG][/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $618.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am with ya! I am not having a fit yet.. I am happy and want one anyway... but I walk when I get like this.. but it is over 90 out here so I am working on the puter and getting some pics uploaded to print. Computer and cigs go together for me so I am feeling that stupid lie... sit back and have one and relax!! BUT I am like, NO NO NO, I will not give in!!! to :eg: Nap, walk, write- do something for you now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cassy... Most of us have been through what you are going through. Know that these feelings will pass. I remember keeping my office door shut and crying a lot at this stage of the quit. Could be like Rusty says, emotional withdrawal. The emotional battle of this quit was the hardest part for me but it CAN be done. Keep taking deep breaths, don't forget to reward yourself for a job well done and cry if that is what it takes. Just DON'T SMOKE! You are doing great. Hang in there. Better days are ahead and it is so worth it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 380 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post breaking free. YOu can do this Cassy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,446 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$90,960.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5964 Hours: 4

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: