Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Maybe this can help some people.

17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Before I quited smoking I have been searching the internet and I know a whole lot about smoking and quiting. I have read many forums and spoken to many men and women that quited smoking. I am writing a book about quiting smoking and I will be done writing in two weeks. I've noticed that many people talk about having cravings but I have never had one myself. I don't have one problem and I have never been happier since I quit smoking. I want to share that with you all. I discovered that some people who quit keep going on thinking as a smoker. Some act like non-smokers but acting and thinking are two different things. A person who still thinks as a smoker feels that he/she is missing something. They think about cigarets as something good and that is the biggest mistake ever. A cig. does nothing for you and never has. It's all in the mind. My first 4 days where not easy because the nicotine had to go out of my body. Once that was over I was done smoking. I have more time than ever and I do something good with it, I write. I've changed my whole lifestyle and I feel brandnew. I've also noticed that some people, who say they are in trouble because of their quit, don't want to hear about the way I think about quiting but that's their problem. They still think as smokers and as long as they keep doing that they cannot be a happy quiter like I am. Think about this and maybe it can help someone. I realize that this is my experience and my opinion. It helps me and maybe I can help someone else too. Dutch hugs, Fini :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �280.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You've hit the nail on the head there and given me something to think about. I'm acting like a non-smoker but it's not always coming from the inside. I'm really still acting sometimes like a smoker not allowed to smoke. Not all the time but enough to make my life uncomfortable sometimes and stop me from feeling really free. Great food for thought! Thanks! Chicken L. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 847 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $715 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BTW, I know there is. I have had a fairly easy time compared to some stories I read. I have had and still do some smoking thoughts but that was all they were. I get past them and as long as we all stay quit that is the most important. Attitude is a huge key to success, you are right about that [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for you thoughts! It's nice to know there is life after quit [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You should read Allen Carrs books - he wrote several - he spends a lot of time dealing with mindset and some brilliant insights. There is also a good book called "Hooked but not Helpless" that deals extensively on how smokers and ex-smokers view themselves and how this affects the quit process. Makes for very interesting reading. Also a book called "The Nicotine Trick" is very enlightening on how very easy it can be to quit smoking with the right attitude. These books helped me tremendously. Good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 619 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,495 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6344.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$35,500.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 739 Hours: 20

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dutch, Thanks you for sharing your insight with us. You are right everyone's quit is different and we can all share our experiences. We are always here to support and give knowledge, so take what you need and keep it close. Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: