Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,569 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart, PMYKEL JOHN

Patches- take them off at night right?

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I slept with the patch on - the package directions recommended changing them every 24 hours, so I never considered wearing each one for less. And more importantly, I was very worried that I would wake up with a very, very big craving, since the 1st 2 hours every day were my worst smoking times. I didn't use the patch for long - I ended up with a bad sinus infection, and one day, I felt so bad, I just took it off. And didn't DIE (figuratively). So then I thought I'd try to keep it off, and so far, so good. I am still taking Zyban though, and will for a while. I quit a few years ago for 2-1/2 years, so I've been through this before. The 2nd quit was MUCH harder than the 1st - and I've got to make sure I don't need to go through this ever again! All the best. sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 761 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I sleep with the patches on and really enjoy the vivid dreams, I remember them too, but I never have been an nightmare type person. If you are prone to nightmares I'll bet the vivid dreams would suck. Anyways, I like to keep them on all the 24 hours and I even shower and swim and they never fall off or anything. I couldn't sleep when I was cold turkey so this is better. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$74,949.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 1

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used the patch the same as you do lashes. Once my fear was gone ... I stopped using them. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,483 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$54,508.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 20

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 137 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LASHES, I slept with my patches on the first week, they didn't bother me at all then on week 2 i'd take them off about 9 at night . I had no problem with the patch, and I'm on my 3rd week with nothing but good clean air and ice water. Noel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,670 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $249 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I sleep with it on, I enjoy the dreams, but what I hate is the itchiness. It takes about a week for the rash from the patch to go away. I think if I took it off at night the rash would not last as long. Also, I think this time when I get into week 3 or 4 it would be a good way to ween the morning longing. Sleep without it. Shower fast like you, put it on and get on with the day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I took mine off last night and I slept better. The night before I dreamt I was having this indepth conversation w/ a musician I know--then the night before, I dreamt I smoked a whole pack of cigs! Actually it was a nightmare! Both of those nights I slept w/ the patch on. I want to dream but not have nightmares! ACK! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$36,151.04

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 421 Hours: 3

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lashes, I sleep with the patch on until I feel strong enough to know I wont wake up with a strong crave (mornings are my worst for cravings). I dont remember having vivid dreams when I smoked, why in the heck do I have vivid dreams with the patch? weird I like the vivid dreams to theyre not scary they are comforting except the one of me standing in front of 7-11 (couldnt see anything else but the store) trying to convience myself that I really didnt want to go in there and buy cigs and here pulls up my mother in her car with my aunt (she has a corky sense of humor and she liked to use reverse phycology) oh go ahead go buy some smokes you know your going to! I was thinking (in my dream) this is so unlike mom to encourge me to smoke. Well thats the extent of my dream and I woke up. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$166,251.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6009 Hours: 11

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used to always sleep with them on when I used them. I liked the vivid and weird dreams. I would sweat more though, and the downside though was that it would soemtimes fall off and i didnt want it getting on my partner so i taped it on harder. If you are fine at night without it, then there is no benefit to putting it on overnight though.
  • Quit Meter

$16,488.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 906 Hours: 6

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow I take it off at night and still have some crazy dreams! But hey, one was me getting kissy face with Jack Bauer on 24 :) I like him so I woke up laughing at that dream! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is no edit on here is there :( ok so patch lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: