Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Days 7&8 were hell

17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everybodys quit is different Cinda, on Saturday I felt like i was going mad. But Sun + Mon (days 6 and 7) were fine. I have been where you are. I have seriously thought about smoking again, because not smoking was making me a basket case. But if you think about it, thats a crazy analogy......... You feel terrible because of smoking, smoking wont make you feel better, it will make you feel worse. The mind can and will play tricks, try to stay one step ahead, and use a sense of humour, our subconcious cant take a joke.. go back through WHY you gave up smoking. If you feel terrible, say thank god i am rid of that terrible weed, and that i can finally get better and get over it. You can do it Cinda.. stick with the quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll Be F.I.N.E (wink) :)) Cinda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been an emotional basketcase. I thought about smoking just so I could sort things out. If I was still emotional, after smoking, It would be clear that I am really feeling these things and lack of smoking is not the cause. People talk about the first few days as being the hardest, for me thats was not true. So what does the experts say is going on around day 7/8 ? Feel the Victory, Cinda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 204 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
By days 7-8 I thought I was truly depressed and that it had nothing to do with smoking (or not smoking). I really think this is part of the mind game since so many people experience it. I held out (barely) and am already feeling much closer to my old self personality-wise. I still want to smoke - had a HUGE crave this morning, but I haven't been feeling low like I did those few days. I think I was also very fed up with the inability to concentrate. I am starting to get that back too. Not easily, but most of the time I can force myself into concentrating on the task at hand. The other times I'm strugglng with, but at least it isn't constant. Hang in there, we're all in the same boat! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Our difficult days are not all on the same days. Just know that as time passes it gets easier and we also grow stronger to handle the bad days when they come. Keep on keeping your quit Cinda. You are doing great. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/Animation1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$54,549.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 7

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's different for everyone Cinda. I just went through a real hard period between 95 and 100 days. I had to work to keep my quit. It's behind me now. I think it took me a long time to establish the smoking habit, I smoked for 29 years. I am not going to undo that in 100 days, or even in 300 days. I have work to do still. I know it and I say... BRING IT ON! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $884 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$100,007.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9159 Hours: 3

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cinda, Everyone's body will react differently to the quit! Your symptoms and craves are working their way out of your body now. Your body is healing and you need to give it time. Keep yourself occupied and distract yourself with hobbies and activities. Post often for support! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: