Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

KEEP AWAY!! I Hate EveryONe

18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HANG ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!! You can do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 569 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope you're feeling a little better. It's okay to hate everything right now, scream into a pillow, tell everyone they really are IDIOTS (into your pillow of course). Let your anger, tears and frustration out - keep a quit diary of all the totally bad thoughts and feelings you're having. It helps to write it all down - a shout out to the world to just kiss off for a spell until YOU feel better. It takes a lot of energy to get through hell week. You're doing this ~ so hang in there. Be tough, life is. Hangin in Not Givin In, CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $273 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
aekvall, How are you doing?? Please check in and let us know. You have to fight. This is nicodemons way of telling you off for ridding him!! Get pumped up and put on your boxing gloves and knock him down!! You can do this!! We are all here for you. Please let us know how you are. ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,955 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320.46 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aekvall, You did the right thing by coming to this board. Hang in there and starve that deamon. Don't give into him and show him who is the boss. I have confidence that you can do it! M [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,657 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $588 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello A I am only on day 10 and I recently had the same kind of day (((((HUGS))))) What we are saying is TRUE........IT WILL PASS..... It does get better!!! BE PROUD OF YOURSELF. There is no easy way to get through these harsh days and we all go through these ups and down. Get some exercise to channel your anger in a different direction and drink plenty of water. Deep breaths do help. Go over your reasons for quitting. Remember the stentch of tobacco on your fingers...the horrible after taste...and how people look at you and avoid standing next to you because you stink.....Then feel proud of yourself because you no longer carry that demon around with you anymore..Stay close.... Hugs Again Mookie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aekvall. Welcome to the wondeful world of quit. I remember those first days so well. They sucked so bad. Remember all these feelings you are experiencing now. Don't forget them and everytime you think of smoking remind yourself that this is what you would have to go through again. Everyday is one day closer to never feeling this way again. Hold on to that thought. You are getting there one step at a time. They don't call it Hell Week for nothing. It really is hell. Keep taking those deep breaths, keep posting, and keep venting. I know you feel as if you will lose your mind and like no one understands but trust me we do understand. As far as the headaches and not sleeping go, I took tylenol PM in the beginning of my quit and that really helped both situations. Hang in there. It really is worth it to be quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 345 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,910 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1207.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
aekvall, Hang in there! Don't give up!!! You're fighting for your life here, and that's worth fighting for! So hold on and don't let go!!! They don't call this Hell Week for nothing, do they? It's HELL!!!! BUT, the freedom from smoking is amazing and the benefits are awesome! Keep doing deep breathing. Try to relax. No, it's not easy, but it will get easier. Keep posting! Keep hanging in there! Whatever you do, just don't smoke! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,657 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $933.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Ann. It does get even better, just hang in there and stay off bridges! :) You really are doing great, Ann. Keep up the good quit. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 385 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,709 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1463 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Oops, I forgot one thing. Hubby's going through a rough time now, too. Especially if he's never broken an addiction, he has no clue of what's happening to his wife. Letting him read all these posts will probably help. It sure helped my wife. Just a thought. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 384 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1459.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Hi, Ann. Sorry I've not been around. Just got my Internet going again. Distraction, that's what you need right now. Hopefully work will do it for you. You need to focus on something other than how you feel. Preferrably something that does not involve others (as much for their sake as yours :)). Something that involves your hands is really good. Do you do crafts or knitting or sewing? A lot of people here clean and fix up their house during this time. Second to physical distraction is mental. Reading is good if you can get deep into the story. Movies are good because (I assume) you never could smoke there. TV isn't so good because you'd smoke during the commercials (took me awhile to figure that one out). IMO, exercise is the best way to squash a crave. Assuming you're physically able to do so, get out and walk briskly until you're winded. Inside you can do jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups. If you can't do a push-up (I couldn't), then lean against a kitchen cabinet facing it and do 1/2 push-ups. Focus on the exercise, the feelings of your muscles, and your breathing (like when you use deep breathing). Five days is AWESOME, Ann. Look at that - 231 cigs not smoked. Fantastic!! :) I know it doesn't feel like it, but you really are doing great! Keep up the good quit. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 384 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1459.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: