Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Falling out...

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Where is Mira? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 746 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$54,498.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 15

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am finally feeling like my ol' self again. *check out the pom poms* These last 3 days have been so blah. I attribute much of it to me taking the patch off. I'm on my 3rd patch free day. I feel great ... again. THANK GOODNESS! Can't wait for this drug to get totally out of my body! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 795 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$54,498.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 15

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had those days when I would be typing with tears running down my face... tears on my electronic keyboards, sparks jumping from the fallen tears (LOL no, that didn't happen, but I thought it was a cool image)! I am so glad that you are on the wait list for the Carr book. I hope you get it soon. If you can, I would buy a copy too. I read mine about 3 times already and refuse to leave home without it! :) I remember those days when I took the patch off... after Day 4. I was a total nightmare on Day 5 and Day 6. :) I just wanted to end my suffering so badly. Just hang in there. If you need to, eat something that makes you happy or do something that cools that feeling. It does not have to be running! lol Be nice to yourself. Reward yourself with little things. I did that those few days and also walked all over the place to get my mind off things. You are so wonderful, Breaking, you can do this !!!!!!!!!! I have faith in you. Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$44,960.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5157 Hours: 13

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Breaking! Mira here! I am so sorry I missed your meltdown!!!! I really would have wanted to be here to support you. This weekend, I was in MD at my boyfriend's house. I spent the entire morning gardening and then I went to see my family (my brother is moving overseas) and then I went to see a friend. I was not online at all this weekend. Breaking, I hear what you are saying about your "friends". Believe me, I have had my share of one-sided friendships. I would listen and listen and listen and support and support and support and I would not get a second when I had a problem. I learned the hard way that there are some people you cannot trust to tell your problems to. They always think that they have bigger issues and are so self-involved that they would never think that you might be having a bad day and are not in the mood to listen to their constant crap. (lol long sentence) And you have been so supportive of everyone here and have had the best ideas!!! I am so proud that you are a May quitter and I am so proud that you have been so strong and so helpful to everyone else. I defintely agree that you may need to cut off some of your friendships or at least change the dynamic. It is one thing when you are strong and doing well but it is quite another when you are tired, weak, and not in the mood!!! I know exactly what you mean. I have definitely culled my friends down a bit. lol That may sounds cruel but I tell you, I had so many. So many were negative, made me feel anxious, did nothing to make me feel better, and sometimes went out of their way to make me feel worse. There are some friends I just stopped talking to. I did not have to explain. I decided that it was better for me and I just cut them off. You are going through a rough patch right now. Keep the quit, with it or without it, as long as you don't smoke! I don't know if you have done so yet or not, but read Carr's book "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" and I tell you, you will feel so much better. I am so happy to be nic-free. There are times when I feel like I am super angry but that's okay, because numbing myself with cigs was definitely only hurting me. To me, cigs were like food. Stuff something in your mouth when you are mad!!! I think I kept my mouth busy so I would shut
  • Quit Meter

$44,960.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5157 Hours: 13

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breaking Free, Glad to hear today is a smidge better. Quitting is challenging, frustating and any other extenuating circumstances will push you right over the edge! I know you're exhausted but I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you're not alone and that this is normal. This temporary short fuse is part of your body's readjustment. When you were stressed, you use to smoke and your brain use to release "feel happy" chemicals and you would calm down. Now you don't get that release of "feel happy" chemicals you use to so you're angry for longer periods. In other words, when your angry, it triggers a physical response and your brain was taught to wait for nicotine which would release the chemical... now you're brain is kind of confused. It keeps waiting for that nicotine but the nicotine never arrives so it sends you a message; "hey, I need nicotine" and keeps sending you that message because it doesn't know what else to do. The good news is your brain will realize that the physical response (increase heart rate, blood pressure...) is not good a good state for the body to be in all the time. Eventually, your brain will make the connection that it's kind of been left to it's own devices and it will calm you body down the natural way. At this point you'll see your short fuse elongate. Hope this helps, Danielle _____________________________ The SSC Support Team
Breaking Free, I'm so glad to hear that it did! You should notice a decline once all the nicotine is out of your system, may take a few weeks, longer if your using NRT's. After that, it will get better gradually. Your brain has to practice it's new response so it may take a little while before it becomes habit. Keep persevering! Danielle _________________________________ The SSC Support Team
Breaking free, That's tough stuff... but I'm glad to hear you found a new medium for your frustrations. If you used cigarettes to cope with stress or agravation, it's really important to find a new coping method. Sounds like you're already off to a good start. Keep persevering, Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Group
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breaking free Take deep breaths, I here with you, Work irritates me, hubby does, daughter does and my son who is recovering from an op is irritating me - I think it must be me. I/we need to take a step away and treat myself, I think that could be our problem here we are not taking care of us - we need to take care of us, we are healing, mending, recovering from an addiction - picture a heroine addict going through clod turkey, how bad do they have it, why do we expect not to react and try and carry on with everyday things, we need to look after ourselves. Right go outside, take deep breaths, sit down and release all tension, close your eyes, smell the new world, welocme our new world, smile at the thought of how well we have done, smile at the thought we can now go anywhere do anything, see our children grow, be here when they have children. Say HELLO to our new lives We are doing the right thing Joanne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 793 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �155 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
I fully understand, Some days it is others I don't like and then sometimes it is me I don't like. This is a whole new world to us, one that we have not experienced for many many years and it will take some adjusting to. The friends we have now are friends we have probably only known whilst we were smokers, we now need to adjust to them or them to us and if it isn't right then we may have to look elsewhere. I always have put friends first but not no more, it has to be me first for a while, I want to live, I want to see my kids grow, I want to see my grandchildren whenever that me be. We have both been doing great and can't afford to let others ruin the greatest thing we have ever done. Hang in there with me and we'll pull each other through Joanne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 789 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �155 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Breaking free It's awful when you realise that people who you thought were ok when you smoked are suddenly not Today I hate my husband!! not joking either, I just want him to disappear, he is irritating the hell out of me - normally I would go and have a cig and a coffee and ignore his male tantrums, but now I have to face then and to be honest I don't like what I see - Now this is scarey, been married 18 years and all of a sudden I don't see the same person anymore, Keep focused on you and no one else, it's time to be selfish and give our attention to ourselves until we can mentally deal with other people - WE COME FIRST FOR A WHILE!! Walking with you on this one, stay close Joanne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 788 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �155 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

Reading this thread: