Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Falling out...

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are trying to quit smoking, lose weight, AND still be nice - all at the same time? Don't deny your feelings, irritable or otherwise - it's a good lesson while processing your quitting. I quit for 2-1/2 years once before, and I remember those days well. I learned a lot about myself, and other people as well, during that time. The situation with your friends is very disappointing - not exactly the kind of support you need right now. There's nothing wrong with establishing some new boundaries during this process - do what YOU need to do to help you get through to the 'other side'. As much as you have taken a very positive step to quitting, and improving your health and well-being - the by-product might be that you will desire to take care of other parts of you as well - your friendships, and what you will and will not accept in a relationship. Keep at it, and if you get *****y, SO WHAT !!!!!! Take care, S :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Breaking Free, Sorry to hear you are still having a rough go of things. It sounds like you could use an exciting round of "anywhere but here," a game me and my coworkers would play when I worked at a Bell South inbound call center. It's like a sixty second mental vacation, which is about all we had time for between the phone ringing. The trick is detail, detail, detail. Tell whoever is playing (if you aren't as comnfortable as I am with talking to yourself, you can just think it) exactly where you would rather be and what you would be doing. For example, and I'm only taking sixty seconds to type this... "I'm in a quiant little italian restaurant, the kind that you can eat outside on the sidewalk. It's a sunny day, and I have my sunglasses on with my eyes closed, my face turned up letting the sun warm my face. I can feel the gentle wind carrying the scent of my freshly made lasagna to my nose, and I sip red wine as I watch the locals drive past on mopeds." It doesn't matter if it's ridiculous, infact, sometimes that helps to put a smile on your face. You can do it, Breaking Free.
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
While you might want to put it in a slightly more... tactful... way than "stop whining" it may help you to be assertive. Let them know that you are working on somthing that is very hard but worth while, but as a down side makes you cranky. Let them know that you care about them and thier problems, but you can only do so much at once. Boiling that down from my long winded prose, tell them to "take a number, pal!" *grins*
17 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
breaking free thank for the info I made it though another night. That must be the hardest time you me. Sunday, today will be another challenge.. TOO laid back for me.. too much time on my hands.. I need to find a project? Maybe I'll just take a nap and dream of the places i would rather be. mon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
breaking free Today has not been as bad as expected. Went to church Had a great lunch took a nap Trip to old navy w. my girls walmart weekly shopping.. I really wanted a smoke on after that.. Hope all is better at your house today. mon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 276 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
breaking free.. I feel your pain. This is my 3rd day without the 21mg patch.. I am using the gum as i need it, but this is so hard, At 2am this morning my son woke up ready to play (he is 7).. While i am looking for a tape for him to watch. I find overdrafts in the pile of mail on my bar.. this is for my business.. All i wanted to do was go buy a pack.. I am so glad i did not have any in the house.. I laid in bed telling myself that a cig will not fix this problem. I got through the night.. but today was tough.. business was slow and i spent most to the day dealing w. my company check book.. I would love to lock myself in my bedroom, watch movies and sleep- BUT with 3 children it is so hard to do. Maybe I should go to the movies so sorry to ramble.. what a day. thanks for listening PS friends usually let you down at some point in a friendship they are just human.. mon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 254 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
breaking free Lots of luck 22 days.. that's great keep up the great job.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 247 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 577 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have absolutely nothing of use to say, just want to see my stats up in print as i am so proud of myself, after 34yrs of dedicated smoking! Am also using Alan Carr, no nic substitute...just a wanting to quit. Let the quit be with you darlings! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 739 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$295,145.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5381 Hours: 14

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
timl ... I'm glad that you are finding your quit so easy this time. That is great! Keep on keepin' quit. lilly ... Congrats on your 24 days ... that is WONDERFUL! Your stats are beautiful ... keep on struttin' em'! Kiwi ... you typed the words right out of my mouth! It is great to know I am not the only one that feels that way. That is EXACTLY how I feel. And realizing that I numbed myself to other's inconsiderations for so long pisses me off at myself for closing my eyes to the truth because of my smoking crutch! What a joke. I am working on forgiving myself for being blinded by smoke and for putting up with behavior that I now know is just not going to cut it. The behavior hurts my feelings and then of course those feelings turn to anger. I do not have a cigarette to run to anymore when I am feeling that way. I figure I have 3 options. Option one ... start smoking again ... and we know that isn't going to happen. Option two ... talk to them and see if something changes, if nothing changes, cut them off. Option three ... exercise and work off the frustration until I have calmed down enough to discuss the issue with them. Then it is back to Option two. Family has always been number one in my life. So that is a plus in all this. Once I know I am more balanced, I will be having some tactful discussions with some of my friends. We'll see what happens. I have come to terms with the fact that some may no longer be my friends anymore by their choice or by mine. I'm cool with it. Oodlechick ... Look at YOU!!! Two weeks tomorrow! RIGHT ON! You are doing so good. May Quitters rock ... what can we say?! HooRah!! I appreciate all the responses. This has probably been my hardest time during my quit so far. This and the initial getting over the fear of quitting. I am doing better today. I'm not all fully back to my pom-pom, cheery self ... but I'm getting there. *** side note ... I am really glad for the people that quit cold turkey and didn't use a nicotine replacement aid or any other type of aid, but quitting cold turkey is not the way to go for everyone for various reasons which are all unique to each individual quitter. It matters not which road we take ... what matters is that we get there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [
  • Quit Meter

$54,488.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 13

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote]Until you can control this anger, (what you say, the way you say it, how you react) it's better to take a time out than lose a friend or alienate a loved one. Isolate yourself in the bedroom or washroom until you feel you can control yourself.[/quote] This is what I am doing, until I feel more balanced. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 708 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$54,488.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 13

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: