Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,696 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Sav, TNIKKA

Sorry but I had a puff!!

18 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brickwall, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to highjack your post. You are all right and I thank you for kicking my butt about it (and being so gentle too). I have not smoked! T.
  • Quit Meter

$15,067.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 370 Hours: 1

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aww, right now, I would have liked to join you! It's been 4 days and 7 hours of hell and how much "life" have I gained?! :( T. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$15,067.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 370 Hours: 1

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't beat yourself do ... that will not help you in your quit. Look at it for what it was ... a mistake, a slip. We all make mistakes. What is important is that we learn from them. And it sounds like you did. Stay strong ... and positive about your quit and about yourself! (((( cyberhugs )))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$54,526.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 18

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote]TXsT 5/22/2006 Aww, right now, I would have liked to join you! It's been 4 days and 7 hours of hell and how much "life" have I gained?! T.[/quote] That is the 'stinking thinking' talking to you. Don't give in to it. Yes the life meter is a slow meter, but it is better than the meter going in the other direction. ;p Plus there are a lot of other things that you are gaining by not smoking. Put your positive mental cap of armor on. We must stay prepared for the fight. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hug.gif[/IMG]
  • Quit Meter

$54,526.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 18

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TXsT! It is not just about life. It is about quality of life. Remind yourself why you quit in the first place. Start from there and refresh your memory. You don't like smoking. If you did, you would not be here trying to quit. Remember that. Life is sweeter and tastes better without smoke. Everything smells better. Be kind to yourself. Remember that you are an addict and that you only crave cigs because of your addiction. There is nothing nice about smoking. Remember that. Be strong. We are all in the same boat. Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$44,984.61

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5160 Hours: 6

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree that I have to avoid social situtions for a while - I didn't need to take those three puffs I just did it out of habit and nothing else! More determined than ever now - BIG LESSON LEARNT I now know that it is a vile habit that I won't get dragged back into Joanne
How bad do I feel?? Went out with friends for the first time last night - was ok for most of the night and then the junkie in me said "just have one, you'll feel ok" So I did - had three puffs and then gave it to a friend - I didn't enjoy it, it tasted awful, I felt sick and in a strange way it made me more determined not to have any again. But I feel so guilty and feel that I've failed, I don't want to have to go back to day one again - I want to still say I have gone 18 days, can I do that or am I kidding myself and I'm really back to day one - after all it was only three puffs and nowhere near a full cig and it has learnt me a lesson?? HELP Joanne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
A friend has just rung to see if I want to meet for a drink - said No sorry I'm not coming out for a while until I know for sure that the junkie has been well and truly kicked into touch. At home now and feel so safe and secure in the knowledge that the junkie can't get me here or at work - so it has to be all work and no play for a while until I stop beating myself up over three gut wrenching puff's. Now I know what it's like to be a teenager again, you take a puff and it leads to more - not this time though, the teenager of 21 years ago has grown up and can say NO!! My hubby says that I should be proud that I didn't let three puff's become three full cigs and then three full packets - bless him - I needed him to say that, he's proud and now so am I! Joanne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Josie No way am I starting again - it was vile, 3 puff's just gave further confirmation of why I needed to stop and stay stopped. I know that if I have a cig that I will be hooked again, those 3 puff's did't get me last night and I thank god they didn't I was lucky that it made me so ill, next time if I give in I might not be able to get away. Joanne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 461 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Thanks for the encourgement! I not going to look back on last night just forward to another day smoke free. Get ready to hear me shout when I get to three weeks without my 25 a day habit reappearing. those three puff's were a hard lesson to learn, but as my Dad always used to say to me when growing up "You have two choices, you can learn the hard way or the easy way" I'm picking the easy way from now on - the hard way sucks Joanne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 461 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18

Reading this thread: