Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

The void, the emptiness and that feeling in the gut!

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, You're making a great decision today. Do whatever it takes to stay smoke free! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, full of good stuff. But I see names and remember them well, sure hope some are still smoke free and if not pray they find their way back to SSC. Wish I could say that I have completely turned the corner, but sadly I have not. I do not smoke, but I still have that longing for just one more. But, I now can stop myself and talk my way though the whole ugly process. So today I made the choice, I will not smoke. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,870 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $861.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RDMan, Thanks for the bump! Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW I am having an "URGE" but I came here, I'm reading this thread. chewing the heck out of a piece of gum... (not nicotine gum) I like the calendar idea thanks Jackey. I think I used a cigarette at this time,.. instead of eating. I will go get a light snack. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RDMan This is why you are missed! :) Faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $600.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bumpity Bump Bump Bump [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 723 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,145.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 122 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This entire thread scares the crap out of me. I had to go cold turkey, the 5th day of my quit is coming to an end, those 72 hours are now gone, and the nicotine in my system is gone as well. But I keep finding posts where folks are miserable and so depressed well into their quit. As far as 6 months into their quit and I'm confused by this. Can someone help me to understand? My 5th Day is coming to a close and right now, I feel like crying again. Not because of this thread. I started feeling like a wimp again this evening. I don't know why I feel like crying....I just do. I'm not feeling happy right now at all. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Riverdale, you seemed offended by my post. It was not my intention to offend anyone and I'm aware of the reasons why this site exists. Fully aware. I was in trouble on day 3 and I'm not doing all that great tonight, Day 5. If you'll read my post again, you may catch the fact that I was asking someone to help me to understand the miserable feelings associated with quitting so many days into a quit. Over the last two days, I've been really taken a back that these feelings can last for so long. In the last paragraph, I merely stated how I was feeling on my 5th day. Terribly sorry if you misunderstood. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Wow Jackey!! You're doing a fantastic job!!! Thank you for explaining things to me. I'm understanding that these cravings that I feel right now and the sadness will come say, 6 months from now but in waves. As long as it isn't constant. Phew!!! Things are strange right now. I was fine this morning, felt great, but for some reason I get slammed with cravings in the late afternoon and at night, along with this empty, sad feeling. I understand where those feelings come from, I just didn't realize they can last (off and on) for months. Thank you for explaining things. I really appreciate it. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Colleen: Please take the time to realize how far you have come on this journey...Smoke free for 50 days is beyond fantastic... In answer to your question regarding the perception of self and feelings that are uncomfortable...Yes I too am going through a similar experience. I know that I have been self-medicating for years and the reasons for this are slowly being revealed to me on a daily basis...Sometimes these realizations cause us to feel things that seem alien... If you are experiencing things that seem to much for the moment, please see a health professional as soon as you can. Tell them where you are and what you are feeling. Please take good care of yourself, you are going through a period of great vulnerability. Don't take to much on board at once...And do not discount the value of seeing professional assistance. This is a serious addiction and the process of healing is just as serious... Thinking of you in the difficult moments nonic

Reading this thread: