Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,682 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Had a VERY BAD episode tonight!

18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Drink lots of water, read, and post here. That's what got me to where I am today. I had moments where I literally wanted to kick the living $hit out of something or someone...anything to get rid of the anger I was feeling. Get something...a straw, hard candies (suger free of course), carrots, celery, anything to occupy your mouth. Sit down here, read and post, read and post, read and post. It will get you through. I promise!! Look where I am today! I failed miserably on my last attempt at only 4 days but I got right back up and came here...I'm still here and I'm still quit. You CAN do this! N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,007 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's exactly what it is! Its not the actual cigarette you are missing (we know how nasty they really taste and smell)...it's the act of smoking. The socialness of it all...the Feeling that it's calming you even though we all know that's a big fat lie...I know what you mean though...I feel like that often but remind myself daily the benefits to myself and my family for my not smoking. Today is a new day and all the crap we feel on occasion will go away. As I say all the time "this too shall pass". It's passing slowly I know...but it will go away. Everything takes time. This is just one of those things we have to be patient about...good things come to those who wait...patiently. Take each day, each hour, each minute, one by one...they all pass. N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,008 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cemetary, Calm down. Don't think in terms of forever and remove the word "can't" from your vocabulary. There is no room in a quit for "Can't". You CAN. Yes You CAN! Take this one step at a time. We can all do anything for five minutes at a time. So....take a deep breathe and tell yourself, I will not smoke for the next five minutes. Find something to do with your hands. Maybe a puzzle or something. Something that will occupy your hands and your mind. Keep repeating to yourself how wonderful it feels not to "have" to smoke. You have made a choice not to smoke and it is a good choice. Replace that negative thinking with possitive thinking. Read the posts around here. You will see you are not alone. We have all gone through what you are going through right now. Just hang on tight. You can do it! Post if you need us. We are here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 236 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,728 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $826 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Quitting isn't easy. It is probably the hardest thing you will ever do. You have made the choice to be smoke free. This is a good thing. Remember to drink a lot of water and take a deep breathes. Don't fight your quit. Allow yourself some time get through the craves and find what works for you. Purhaps planning a walk at this time would be helpful. If you now what time you have these horrible cravings you can plan ahead for them. Just make sure you aren't planning the crave. You can do this. Congratulations on your decision to quit. You won't regret it. I promise. They don't call it Hell week for nothing but you are almost through it so just hang in there. You will make it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 235 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,718 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $822.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fourth day quit is good. Having no plan for when the panic sets in is not good. Did you do the program that is on the left side of the page? If so you need to review some of the steps in your glove compartment. If you haven't done them, then give your great guy a break and get to work. Leaning on someone when we are weak is something that we have all done on this journey. However, part of the journey is learning to stand on our own feet and not depend on someone else to fight for us. Otherwise what will happen the first time he isn't there and your craving hits? Get your plan togeather. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=teal]No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 233 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,592 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $664.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Siren, I've been keeping an eye out for you...we "met" at 3fatchicks. I'm glad you've made it here, because all of us collectively have experienced pretty much everything when it comes to addiction. So although I might not have your exact issues, someone here will come pretty close. And almost all of us have multiple issues that we deal with -- family, separation, illness, etc. There is no such thing as an easy quit! But there IS such thing as a wonderful support group, and this is it. I like to say that if you want to quit smoking, you must do whatever it takes to protect your quit. When things are feeling rocky, jump on line, take a walk, take a bubble bath, or take a nap. Do what it takes! You can do it! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 436 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1526 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$55,047.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 650 Hours: 2

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cemetary, You need to avoid situations and distract yourself! Read a book, clean the house, go for a walk! Anything that distract you will keep your stronger. Take the time to look through the site and do searches for coping mechanisms that have been used by others members. You are now in hell week and it will not be easy, but it is doable! Let us know how we can help, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: