Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

What is this?????

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chicken, I do not believe that getting the flu is because of quitting smoking. It is cold/flu season right now and this is most likely the cause. Drink a lot of fluids, keep strong and get plenty of rest! Take Care, Melanie ___________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I doubt it was the flu. I spent the day with my mother and sister and as they were smoking I was getting sick and then I started puking. I see that as an effect of cigarettes. I haven't puked since. So must have been. I never just puke for the fun of it! :)
Well I doubt it was the flu. I spent the day with my mother and sister and as they were smoking I was getting sick and then I started puking. I see that as an effect of cigarettes. I haven't puked since. So must have been. I never just puke for the fun of it! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
I did so good yesterday and now today I have to worst flu ever. I hate puking my guts out and don't understand why I am. It seems to take the place of a craving. What is going on because this really flippin sux and I never thought this was possible!!! Please tell me that I am getting the flu because if it is withdrawl then withdrawl is THE DEVIL :eg: Please hold my hair back while I continue to quit smokin!!! =~(
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You poor thing I will hold your hair and your hand any thing for you not to smoke and to help you feel better. Polly :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
chickenstix, Well, if this is a withdrawal symptom from nicotine, then I must say it's one I've never heard of!! I'm sorry you're sick and I hope you get better soon! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,834 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $372.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chicken, We've had a few threads about this in the past... I'll see if I can bump one for you. When we quit smoking, we seem to be more susceptable to bugs and viruses. There are several theories about why this is... one is that when we smoked, our bodies created more mucus as a defense mechanism, and after we quit, we don't have that mucus. Mucus is something our bodies use to naturally ward off infections, so when we quit producing as much, we open ourselves up for some infections. Another theory is that quitting smoking is a very stressful event and it is commonly known that stress has a negative effect on our immune systems, so THAT could be why you got sick as well. Whatever the reason, I'm sure it doesn't help any because when you're sick, you're sick and that's all that matters, but I just wanted to give you some possible "why's" just in case. No matter what, this IS temporary and it is NOT a withdrawal symptom. Congratulations on 3 days! Keep up the fantastic quit! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,816 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ChickenStix, this isn't withdrawal. It's a stomach bug of some sort. And I'm so sorry you are sick. Just remember that smoking won't cure it. Hope you feel better soon! Rusty :)
  • Quit Meter

$55,099.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 650 Hours: 17

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: