Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,676 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke

I MISS MY SMOKEY TREATZ!!! :(

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chicken, We all experience different withdrawal symptoms when we quit smoking, and some people do get depressed. Quitting smoking is hard and often people find it hard to make such a dramatic change in their lifestyle. Although side effects may be unpleasant, they should pass. When you experience withdrawal symptoms, remind yourself that each symptom is a sign of recovery. Your body is in the process of healing itself. If your depression persists, or seems worse than you expected, you should immediately consult your doctor. It�s possible that your smoking has been masking symptoms of your past history, and when you stop smoking the symptoms may abruptly become noticeable. If you�re uncomfortable talking to your doctor about depression you may want to take The Depression Test at: www.depressioncenter.net/depressiontest. The test gives you a �Final Report� that you can print off and hand to your doctor. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow it's been 80hours since my last smokey. I miss them. I can't believe that I think about them so much. It just blows my mind. Me and ol Smokey Joe Camel have been best friends for so long. I feel like I just want to take one drag off of a smoke. Just one drag! I know if I do that I will fail. I am going to visit my mother tomorrow. She smokes like a train. WHATS A GIRL TO DO?? I keep smokes with me. I like to hold them. I feel like some sort of obsessed psycho! I stalk smokeys. I think about them constantly! I come on this message board all the time!! It is taking the place of the smokeys. I think I am now a msg board addict. Whatever gets me through! :( Bye Bye Smokey Joe, I miss you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
UGGGHHH!! I just want to scream. I am feeling so overwhelmed. Should I put a patch on? Would it make me feel better or would that just be a step backwards since I have almost went 2 days with out a patch. I don't want to smoke and yes the illusion that they are a friend has me right now. I knew the decision to quit might possibly take me down a long road that is hard to travel! I don't want a cigarette I want nicotine. I am such a b**ch and that is unlike me. I am quick tempered, extremely quick tempered and when I am not quick tempered I am ready to break down and bawl. I feel like sh*t! I have been discussing what I wanted to spend my 20 bucks on Saturday when I made it all week without a cig. I am just coming apart at the seams. This sucks and hurts. I haven't felt this emotional since I was pregnant! I just want to cry but my husband is going to think I am wacko. UUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Thanks everyone for all the support. I obviously need it. And, no I don't think its sad that I refer to cigarettes as treats or friends. For years now the only thing in life that has always been there for me was my smokes. Through puberty, parents divorce, broken relationships, stressfull moments, whenever I just needed someone or something that was mine all mine. Cigarettes were TREATZ! Yes I meant every word that I have said or I wouldn't have said it but that, right now at least, doesn't change the fact that I miss my smokey treatz. It has been 3 days...84hours to be exact and I miss my old friends! I MISS MY SMOKEY TREATZ!! I meant it then and I mean it now. I have been smokefree for 3 days and nicotine free for 2. I wore one 14mg patch the first day and nothing the past two days. I am a bit on edge and I need to put my head in a pillow and scream as loud as I can. Yea, I need a cigarette. No, I won't smoke one! :mad: ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
I don't know how to do it but this message can be erased or whatever. Screw cigarettes. They have made my life a living hell the past few days. I wish I never touched one in my life. I can't blieve this....they are making me so depressed and I feel so ridiculous for that...a CIGARETTE can make ME depressed? I just want to cry my eyes out. I hate the fact that they have me this way. I don't miss smokey anything I just want them to BE GONE DA*NIT!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Stix !! I say get rid of those damn ciagarettes. It seems that the smoke companies were really successful with Joe Camel. But he needs to go find someone else to kill ! If the smokes are around, you will very likely slip and smoke one. Remember that you have an addiction with habits to break, those habits can be so ingrained that you pick up a smoke without even thinking about it.. If there aren't any smokes around, you won't be tempted.. Let go of that blanket Linus !!! lol You can replace them with a straw if it makes you feel better. Lots of people like the straws, it helps... Have a psycho moment and break all those cigarettes into little pieces and crush them with a hammer.. Take control.. get rid of the smokes !!! Hang Tuff ! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy, can I identify with you! I don't remember how many days after I quit that I got hit so hard, it was like I was poleaxed. There's a thread about it here someplace. I woke up at 5:30 am with the usual craving, and it wouldn't go away. I kept waiting for it to pass, it didn't pass. I thought I would go totally crazy. My hands shook so that I couldn't work. It was one of the worst days in my life. In the back of my head I kept worry about what would happen if this craving NEVER passed if this was IT, the way it was going to be from now on. I had it ALL DAY, into the NIGHT. When I got up the next morning it was still there! But it passed. It acted just like any other wake up craving. It went away. It still comes back but nothing like that one horrible experience. It will pass, it really will.
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't foget...one puff? "If I do that I know I will fail". Hang in there...It gets better but that takes time . [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,065 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $472.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't foget...one puff? "If I do that I know I will fail". Hang in there...It gets better but that takes time .
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there ChickenStix! I too started on the patch for 3 weeks until I went to a website called whyquit.com after reading what they had to say I removed my patch and I can tell you that I was a mess for three days. I was ranting and raving at everyone and especially my 3-year-old son got the worst of it. I felt really bad about it but still was unable to stop myself. I was so bad that my mother-in-law told me I needed to go see a doctor. I just told everyone around me to please just bare with me for a few days and I would be better. Nicotine takes 72 hours to comletly leave your system so you will be feeling the worst of your withdrawels in that time. After 72 hours without any nicotine in your system you will gradually start to feel better and better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel so just hang in there and take it one hour at a time if you have to. In the end it will be so worth it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,122 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: