Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,784 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON

I am sooooo tired!

18 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel your tiredness....Do you get a break in the evening? (Hubby/boyfriend?)...If so, let him take care of the kids after dinner....and you go take a nice hot bath (with the door locked)...then try to go to bed early and put the pillow over your head!!!! I actually did not go to work today because of being tired... It seems like I wake up every hour or two during the night and have trouble going back to sleep...(I am not wearing a patch at night either)...so I thought I would take a day for me today...no one around...did some of our taxes....pushed the go button on the dryer...then took a shower about noon.....dried my hair and decided to go lay down and take a nap....Could not sleep...Laid there for almost two hours trying though...(Oh yeah, snacked on about every snack food in the pantry too)...but I did NOT smoke!!!! cuz I'm a non-smoker now....Hubby came home, gave me a kiss and told me I smelled good! Keep your chin up and remember that your kids will love and respect you for what you are doing for yourself (and for them)
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I saw that.. it was HOUSE right ? I love that show.. Tomorrow is another day and we know you did your best. At least starting back tomorrow, you won't have to detox so much.. Get some candy girl ! It really does help.. I couldn't have done it without it. Tomorrow and on with the show.. tada !! Catch you tomorrow :) Chris BTW Where is this cold weather at ?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 222 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle, You sound so in need of help. Can anyone help you take care of the kids?? Do you have some snacks to take your mind off cravings?? YOu have past the physical part now and are on your way to starting to deal with the emotional part. I have a brown bag of hard candies and sunflower seeds that I carry around with me anywhere I go. The kids dip in from time to time.. they seem to be calmed knowing they might get a quick treat if they are good and not trying to drive me crazy whining or complaining. If I get a craving.. I grab a couple of red hots.. it goes right away. I crave the candy sometimes.. lol I know I can quit the candy though.. Have you smelled your hair or your hands today?? That always makes me happy. You have saved at least $14.. order a pizza.. forget cooking tonight.. kids will love it too. You are going to make it.. stick around.. vent when you need to. Your kids are lucky to have you.. you are going through hell week for them (and yourself). Take care of you.. you are quitting an addiction afterall.. pamper yourself without guilt. Family around..?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 218 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh I won't let this deter me. I wish I'd have gotten your post sooner. Then again it's me I have to depend on mostly. I was watching a show last night and there was a conversation between two friends and one was having problems. What was said didn't make much sense till now: "You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself. You hang on to that little thread that makes you seem special. But you are miserable. Being miserable doesn't make you special. It just makes you miserable." I think that says it all right there...not much else I or anyone else can say about that. February 10th is my quit day! No ifs, ands, or BUTTS! Tennielle
Thanks, but I think I was already tettering on the edge when I sent out this post....I smoked. I'm starting agin tomorrow. Had a talk with each of my children seperately and told them that this quitting smoking is hard and I need their cooperation and understanding. So tomorrow is a new day... No ifs, ands, or BUTTS! Tennielle
Thank you Quit... Oh gosh I need some help! They are fighting again! This is so not worth it! OH it is, but is it really? I thought so... HELP! Tennielle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Thanks Chris and 3. No unfortunately I don't have family nearby. My husband should be off of work in about an hour, but he is going to be working on the renovations when he gets home. I tried to take a bath, but before the water even stopped running is started "MOMMY!" and didn't stop. I got out and told them there is no way I am taking them out to get valentines tonight and I got a huge raging tantrum from my 7 year old who is still going. I locked myself in my room, but I don't know what else to do. I am not craving really, just feel hopeless and trapped like a caged and hunted animal. I never accomplished anything today and know I'll be paying for it tomorrow. I planned on the pizza thing tonight. I definitely don't want to cook today. That usually sets off another set of "mommy" and tantrums. Why I don't know. Sometimes I think this would be better in the summer and then I could ship off my kids to the grandparents farm for a week....I know that's just junkie thinking, but it sounds so reasonable when there is chaos all around me. Tennielle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
It's day four and I am so tired! It doesn't help that today the wind is 35+ from the north and it's freezing outside and no sun. I gotta get all the laundry done before Saturday, because they are tearing up my laundry room. I got whiney crying kids because it is winter and everyone has a cold and outside is no fun. I just want to sleep, but I can't because I have kids and responsibilities. I want to cry! I can hear myself saying "OH this is a bad time, do it next week" ect. ect. I don't want to start over again. I've done that like 20 times (in various stages of quitting) in the past year. I just want to be able to be awake and reliable. Is that too much to ask? Tennielle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Yes Chris it was House. That is a great show. Have you been catching Survivor? That one guy who smoked a 3 packs a day before he went there? He is acting and showing classic withdrawels. It's sorta funny. Well tomorrow is now today. Not only is it cold out, but now there is about 3 inches of new snow. It's nicer than brown anyway. Oh and it's North Dakota. Had a beautiful January, so now in February we get to freeze :) Thanks bugs. I had a bad day yesterday. I was totally out of focus. My hubby is good about it sometimes, but he really did have to get some stuff done. He talked to my 7 year old and she calmed down. I swear she is 13, because she acts like it sometimes. You know the emotional rollercoaster and mouth to match. I dread the day she hits puberty... I do have some candy around here somewhere...I'm not big on it even as a kid. I got my ice water and ice and cloves. Just gotta try not to loose my head today. Tennielle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats great advice Chris has given you try to do some of it if you can. Hang in there, you are doing great and we are proud of you. Remember you dont want to do those 4 days over again. TRy to pamper yourself if you can. Most of all dont smoke, it wont help anything!!! Cyber Hug!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,894 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: