Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Everyone Loves a Quitter!!!!!!!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
funk, Congratulations on 15 smoke free days! Keep up the great work. You can do this! Take Care, Melanie ___________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good stuff here, as usual! You all rock! Thanks for helping me stay quit! Amy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 386 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I could laugh at Arwen. That's my puppy who would steal my cigarettes, root through pockets, purse, jump on the table, then hide them under the bed where she would methodically take them one by one, hold them in her mouth and break the cig in half with her paw, then take another until they were all broken. Then she'd get up on her hind legs and do a little dance, so proud of herself. Now she snuggles in my lap and doesn't turn away from me when I give her a kiss. I could laugh at people when they say "Don't sneak up on me like that. Last time I saw you I could hear you coughing a block away". There are things to laugh at and I think I forget that sometimes. It's good to find things to laugh at or about especially on the bad days.
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Job!!! :) Your post really motivated me, I wish you my best. Keep up the good work and good luck! :D [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you all really do rock! your joy, funk, is an exact mirror of my heart and soul right now. smoking was such a chain, holding me down. without it, it's pure freedom. freedom to do whatever i want because i can breathe now and walk and jump and dance! not buying another pack of cigarettes was the best decision i've made in a while. and i'm so proud of all of you out there who made that same decision to put them down and walk away, from the young ones like me to the oldies. rock on, rock out, love the newfound freedom! --sio marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sometimes that is all we have is our soul. After all, I don't have the desire to smoke anymore. And not wanting to smoke is a good feeling in my soul. I wish that all smokers could see what I see right now in my life; freedom. I was a smoker that said I enjoyed smoking. I realize now that I used to say such things so that I could compensate for smoking. I was so afraid of quitting that I made excusses so that I did not have to quit. Man was I blinded by a truth. The truth was myself fibbing to myself, who am I kidding it was a lie! I want those people to realize that quitting is not the hradest thing to do. I want them to realize that they can do it. That there are people out the to assist them in their quit. That people love a quitter. That I love them and myself now...Love is now in my soul other than smoking. ~Funk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
15 days ago, I looked a cigerette and said "You will not be more important than my son!" I didn't even want to take another drag of it. As I flicked it out I let out a little chuckle. My road has not been that bad. A withdraw here and there, but other than that, nothing much at all. I realize now that I am a quitter. I quit so my son, Jacob, will experience life with me other than changing my oxygen tank every day. I now just wait for the withdraw symptoms to catch up with my frame-of-mind of being a non-smoker. I want to thank this site from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful, generous, couragious people on here. It is because of you, I will remain smoke-free and tell my son of my passage so he will not make the same mistake as I did. Whats that old saying "Fifteen down and now just a lifetime of happiness to go." Ok, well maybe it is not a true saying, but hey, it helps. Thanks Again, Funk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
I sit back and laugh every now and then. I laugh for where I have been, and where I am going. I laugh for my son's blonde hair and blue eyes. I laugh because my hands smell like soap. I laugh because I am not embarresed over the color of my teeth (hense they are turning white again). I laugh because this site lets me laugh. I laugh with butterflyswimmer for accepting me here with open arms, and I thank for the talk last night, it was nice :). I laugh for being a non-smoker when my family said I could not do it. Hahaha, little did they know. I laugh with N2K for being kick-butt and an inspiration to us all. I laugh because I am proud of all the other quitters on this site. I laugh to help deal with the withdrawals. I laugh because if this is all tobacco can do to keep me addicted, it is in for a rude awakening. I laugh because Phillip-Morris will no longer line their pockets with my money. I laugh because I want to be a non-smoking activist. I laugh because no person in my family smokes now. I laugh so I don't have to cry. I laugh because I am weening myself off Wellbutrin all by myself. I laugh at how dirty my house is right now. I laugh with Joe the Golferman. Dude you rock, and if you ever want a game give me a call. Thank you for letting me laugh, I feel better now. ~Funk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4]CONGRATS ON YOUR QUIt AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK[/size] Carlos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,804 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes funk, we smoke for years telling ourselves "I'll quit _______." Then we "program our minds" with "junkie thinking" for __ # of years. So when we quit we must delete the lie and "re-program." Soul searching is like code. Positive attitude = virus protection Loving yourself is the hard drive! * :confuse: say what? * -- I'll keep it simple. ;p :) "Love will keep us alive" [size=1] -The Eagles" [/size] -- *high 5**backside**through-the-hole* You've got soul! ~all the best N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 179 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,957 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $895 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: