Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,722 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Reyanna, CeCe2128, Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames

Nightmares, and other

18 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gosh, since I quit I have been having these horrible nightmares every night. Anyone else experienced this? Also, even though it is unseasonably warm where I live for the time of year, I feel chilly most of the time. Normal as well? Other than that, I feel pretty good. Yesterday I went ice-skating with my son's entire third grade, and one: it felt great not to smell like an ashtray and be self-conscious about it, and two: I had a lot more energy. Though I have to admit: being surrounded by some 150 third graders for about 3 hours really put my willpower to the test! But I made it. Another weird effect I have been experiencing: I feel super clean! (Not that I wasn't clean before) But I guess you all know what I mean. Oh, also, does anyone know why one shouldn't drink anything 15 minutes prior to using the nicorette gum? Just curious. Thanks all, have a nice weekend, Gab [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Funny this subject is coming up because I was talking about this a few hours ago. I quit cold turkey and I have had trouble sleeping ever since I quit 8 days ago. When I finally can sleep the dreams are so bizarre :gasp: They are all extreme about all sorts of weird or disturbing things. Both are not normal for me. I guess it is just that we aren't used to pure oxygen :) I am told both things are normal in the beginning. Good luck, you are doing the right thing; especially as a father. Denisey ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have found that though smoking dreams are horrible, they actually reinforce positivity in my quit, so in that respect they are a good thing... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 229 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �22.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well the last two nights in a row I dreamed I was smoking and both of them seemed so real...in my dreams I was devastated that I was smoking, and when I woke up, I was so so relieved that I was still smoke free!! Phew!! Yep - nightmares!! I don't use patches but I do use inhalers or gum (3 times a day - combined, not of each) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �21.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know if the nic gum causes dreams like the patch does.....best to look into that.......however, just QUITTING can cause some freaky dreams........ And I have read posts about body temperature going a bit haywire too.....if it's anything significant, you shd talk to your doctor. But hey.......CONGRATS on not smoking for FOUR WHOLE DAYS. Amazing, isn't it..... Continue to reward yourself - skating sounds like fun, although the 150 kids may be pushing it! :) Keep on going......you're doing GREAT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 501 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gas Don't drink especially carbonated beverages, 15 minutes before lonzneges and gum- really bad gas, otherwise. :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 209 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,972 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1358.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gab, Dreams? CHECK!!!!! I have had the WORST time with the dreams!!!!! And yes, mine have been horrible nightmares. One night, I had a smoking dream, woke up in the middle of the night panicing and realized it was a dream, went back to sleep and had ANOTHER ONE!!! I quit cold turkey. I also haven't put any nicotine into my system in the last 80 something days (look at my meter... I honestly don't know how many days I have right now), and I STILL get smoking dreams. I'm waiting for them to end, and I honestly don't know if they will or not! But that shouldn't keep you from staying quit. Just remember that they're just dreams and that they're not real. I know, easier said than done, but it's the truth. I'd rather smoke in a dream than smoke in real life. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was on the patch when I quit and I did have some pretty wierd dreams, but not nightmares. I do know what you mean by clean, it just feels better. I dont know some of the other answers but I am sure some will have them. Congratulations on 4 days quit, you are over the hardest part and it just gets better now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 275 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2062.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: