Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Damn it - can I say that here?

16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terri See my post 'My brother' then see if you want a smoke me xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 480 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,520.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 93 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just checking in, hope you are ok. Darn computer wouldn't let me on the net for the last day and a a half. I am going to look for that. After you mentioned, I remember hearing of it. Keep Smiling if possible Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL!! I have this picture of you turning blue and falling over, Moss! Actually, I found this thing called "Smoker's Edge" which is a plastic tube that is filled with citrus or herbal flavour that has a similar feeling when you suck on it to taking a drag - and it tastes good too. There isn't any nicotine in it, so I'm trying that out. Today it's really one hour at a time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Yup, Just a regular straw. Get the wider ones though so you can get enough air. Cut them shorter. I tried the skinny cocktail straws first but kept turning blue and falling over. Just Kiddin'. Keep in touch, OK. We got our first snow this morning. Looks Darn Pretty out there. Later - Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was really hoping I could do this without the help of a NRT, but I am back at square one (quit today) and I'm feeling a little shaky. Any suggestions on whether the gum or patch is better? I do have some gum from my last plane trip, so I guess I could use that today. Moss, I've noticed you mentioned the straw thing a couple of times - do you just use an ordinary straw? I appreciate all the comments and the non-judgmental attitude (phew! I'm so used to the old eye roll from my friends and my daughter when I say I'm quitting and the shrug when I fail). Here's hoping that I can keep the stats moving along this time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Hey Terri - We seem to have a lot of parallels. Before my official quit date I decided to try a quit without making a big announcement - I guess you could call it a test run. I caved on the second night - felt terribly guilty - went straight to my doc the next day - decided to use a NRT . Then I did all the homework and worked the tools for another week before I tried again. Wherever you find yourself in these days to come - These good folks are only a click or two away. I foo-fooed the straw idea at first but by gosh it works for me. Breathe in - Breathe out Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terri Don't beat yourself up!! Yes you can do this!!We are not super heroes and have had our struggles with the nicodemon as well. I never thought I could do this either and at times thought death would be easier than going through the withdrawals. Keep telling yourself that you deserve to be free of nicotine and live life in control of yourself and not let nicotine control you. Are you using any kind of nicotine replacement? There are many products to assist you in your quit. Just don't give up! We're not here to judge you only help you!! Keep posting anytime you need or feel down and someone will come to help you through the hard times and good times!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 805 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $253.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2 days isn't bad for a trial run!! That you fell is not the issue, knowing why you tripped is the key!! Good luck when you get going for real! :) You can do this! Penitent d1289 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,793.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 22

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terri, Did you see todays quote? "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius Good for you for not giving up! I never thought I could handle quitting, I'm doing it! It really does get way easier after the first three days. Hang tough! Jodi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Terri, That is the attitude! You can do this and we are all here to support you! We wish you all the best and look forward to continuing to share in your journey to freedom from this addiction! Casey ____________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: