Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Weird phase-- any advice?

16 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want my banners and cake each and every morning damn it. LOL That was hilarious, Stan. My sentiments exactly. I have more time to write now-- 6am and everyone else is still asleep. I got so much out of what everyone wrote, and I'm hoping others going through this phase did too. When I'm given advice (especially from such an astute group of people), I take it. So here is what I have learned from all of you smarty-pants from No Smokum U: 1. Reward, reward, reward. I did get myself a little reward this past weekend, but I did it under stressful circumstances and in a rush. So, I need to be more thoughtful about that and truly make it a REAL reward, not another thing to get over with and check off of my to do list. So, in that new light (and thank you Alohakeia-- I was wondering where you have been!, danielle, OnMoreTry, Kelly, Judy, Sue, and Bear). I haven't thought of what that will be yet, but today is hump day and time to figure it out. I vow to post it and do it. 2. Sometimes family members and friends are not there. I liked your idea Kelly-- I was doing that for awhile until I started petering out. And ask for what I need. But I think most important were the messages I got from Lolly, Pen, Anna, and genevieve. I need to remember why I did this in the first place and that was for me. My cough is gone, I do not stink, I'm not embarrassed because I HAVE to sneak off and have a cigarette..... all of those natural rewards of quitting. 3. You guys are the best huggers in the universe. :) I think that helped more than anything else. It's weird, cyberhugs feel just about as good as real time hugs. Thanks for those. Okay, so you're all moving to California. Okay? I promise to hang banners and make cake for us every morning. And toot horns, etc. And no one will say anything crappy and thoughtless to us, nor walk out on us when we are doing such a good thing for ourselves. Okay-- get moving. You have a a lot of packing to do. :) Bobbi-- please do put me on your buddy list. I haven't figured out the buddy list thing yet. How do you use it? I would love to IM anybody if we catch each other on site. Need to get to work-- I've got banners to pay for :) Have the best day today everyone. Enjoy the fresh air, and my reward post is coming. and hugs back at you deborah [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thats what we're known for, deb...being too marvelous for words..and now you're one of us ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 251 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,706.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my God, you are all too marvelous for words! Each and every one of you made a big difference. Thank you! I'm going to respond properly tomorrow if I can. I'm honestly too tired right now and need some sleep (that's my current reward). But! I haven't smoke, and won't. Write more as soon as I can...... Night and sweet dreams to you all. deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deb I know how your feeling. My family has always been on me about my smoking. Now that I quit not one of them mention it, even when I bring it up. I want my banners and cake each and every morning damn it. LOL A smoke free life is what I want for "me" and I know that my family loves me, they just don't relize how hard it really is. Don't quit the quit [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $275.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what you mean Deb. I felt that way too at the beginning. Now I don't really care so much whether they are counting or what they say, I just feel so pleased with myself to have done it and to be smoke free when it was becoming more and more difficult to be otherwise. At the end of the day it IS all about you and how you feel now you've taken this big step. If you can, hold it to you like a warm secret but make sure you come on here and talk to the people who are always here to support and who care! All the best. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,904 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,220.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lots of hugs for you ((((deb)))) and I know what you mean about the loss of a cheering section. When my daughter says "she SAYS she quit it makes me think that she thinks I'm sneaking a smoke and that really bugs me. I guess all that matters is that I know I don't smoke. There are lots of rewards that are free. judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 928 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
{{{deb}}} It gets better. 90 some days for me and it's different each week. What a strange process. As far as friends and children and encouragement go... I still ask my kids, "how many days do you think I have today?" and they roll their eyes and guess some number and I say, "NOPE! it's X days today. Yay!! are you proud of me?" etc. haha. I know they are proud and at least they aren't nagging me all the time to quit. (That really bugged me!) Friends? Well, I lost my best friend over this. I don't know why a person would react so negatively but she hasn't spoken to me since a few days after I told her I quit...over 90 days ago. Again, I have to say, it's a strange process. Regarding rewards... Aloha & Sue mean business when they say they want to know what your rewards are. I'd get to planning if I were you. ;p :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $549.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cvdeb, Where's your reward system? Many have found this helpful in keeping themselves motivated. It's also quite normal at this stage of the game, otherwise known as "blah" week. Hang in there, it gets better! Danielle - Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what you're going through Deb. I have the same problem and it's only 1 week for me. I have a friend or so I thought who takes or leaves my smoking as a mere thing. She's far from encouraging and I wonder why I talk to her. She's very self-centered. She use to smoke or so she said and quit and has quit for a number of years, so you would think she would be more encouraging than that. At least, I do have friends who cheer me on and it's been great. I don't have to rely on her for support. I suppose though that the cheering will wear off eventually and I have to expect it like I should expect not to think of smoking after a while. Keep up the good work. Gin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$56,553.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 780 Hours: 18

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I am not going to repeat what everyone else has written, I will just agree with them. I think you are doing a fantastic job! Just keep praising yourself, that is what I did, I guess it works! Now let me hear ya - Good job - I am doing great - I am so strong - Hey everybody, look at me, I quit smoking - dang this is hard but I am doing it - I am awesome - I can do this if they can - I can smoke right now if I want to, I just don't really want to - Man, I feel so much better now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 323 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,845 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,356.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: