Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

What really works to help us Quit Smoking?

16 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One more thing, quitting is not easy, and sometimes it is just plain hell!, but I guarentee, it's easier than lugging an oxygen tank around with you everywhere you go because you have killed lungs because of your addiction, and then you will be saying "if I just would have stayed quit!!!" I want to say "Thank God I quit when I did!". Hugs! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $286.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with you Penitent. We hear so many times in the walls of this web-sight, people going back to smoking because of 100's of different reasons. Fight with the hubby, money or work stress, death's in the family, illness, etc. etc. Lot's of reasons to smoke, but we gave ourselves those reasons a long time ago, and associated these life events with our cigs. Only WE can unassociate our life with cigs. It's a mission we are on, a journey to to a healthier lifestyle without the addiction. People have to get this part, or the tools we use to quit and useless! Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful words and advice, your support keeps me smoke free one more day!!!! (ok, through the weekend, hehe) Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $286.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:)
  • Quit Meter

$56,958.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 2

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brilliant, Hummy! Now why didn't I think of that? ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 235 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,598.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Friends, I guess that 39 Bear and I down there are about the same age, but I like the way He thinks, I probally have a record that I'm not proud of, Smoking 40 plus years, pack and ahalf of cigs aday, I am really Thankful that I'm still here today, But when I started this program back in March, 2003, I had no confidence in myself to quit what so ever, But it was like I got on a Freight Train with Everyone else, and that train just pulled me down the tracks, to afraid to get off, because I didn't want to show Everyone that I was a failure in there eyes, Everyone views there Quit differently, Do You All remember 'Star War's' I believe that is the feeling I got from being on this Smoking Center, After 2 weeks or so, Someone said,!!! '' The Force Be With You,''' And so, I was not to be denined of my freedom of my addiction, so it was Onward and Upward after that, never looking back, Yes!! You can call it Attitude, Motivation, Determination, Desire to succeed, mix them all in a bowl and drink, for You should not fail, The Force Be with You All,' Smokless In Oklahoma :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/10/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1708 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 51,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,310.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 399 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$26,892.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 885 Hours: 9

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kaiti, Great thread. An "old timer" (think it was Duffis) once told me that the way to stay quit was easy - just NEVER smoke the next cigarette. So, Pen, there you go, the perfect way to quit and stay quit - LOL. Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 921 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,986.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 121 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$472,451.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5384 Hours: 2

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmmm, interesting! Please, when you find out what it is, be sure to come back and share it with us all; I for one am dying to know! Penitent d1273
  • Quit Meter

$56,958.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 2

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know there are some diets that let you eat cake. However how one gets quit let it be. There are many ways to quit just as there are many people. I have tried the patches, Zyban, Natural methods, cold turkey, a combination of the patches and zyban and I still went back to smoking. This time around I used Chantix and it is working. So my friend do not be to quick to judge someone quit, as for some of us it is one of the hardest things we have ever done. I would have liked to say I did it cold turkey, but I can not. But I am just as quit as the next quitter, but I needed help and thank goodness it was there for me. Bottom line you have to want to quit more than you want to smoke. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 194 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $291.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know about that. I used the patch & I feel pretty quit. Lots of people here used a lot of different methods, & there are some pretty impressive meters as a result of those methods combined with the right attitude, a lot of heart & a bigger desire to quit than to smoke. But you be sure to let us know how it's done, K? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,991.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Slapping on a patch isnt really quitting. Its like a diet you can still eat cake with. A true quit is no smoking no nicotine. And it takes more than additude but what Im not sure. When I discover that part I will be sure to let anyone that cares know. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$34,421.76

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 783 Hours: 17

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: