Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,785 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

JDK Thread #6

16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, maybe it is lucky that the train doesn't reach here after they erm 'upgraded' the line. They reckon next year now and not the 4 weeks in easter it was supposed to be. :) However, consider it an extra incentive not to smoke! Say hi to Jen for me. Hows the other one doing now if you don't mind me asking? It crosses my mind on regular occasions. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �16.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kev Glad its going well Jen has an open train ticket so she can come down anytime and thump you if you smoke. And if she thumps you have been thumped!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,524 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,795.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Hi Aloha, yes I use them during craves too. It works! Most of the time anyway. Other than that, I drink the contents of my watercooler :) Just given 'Stop Smoking in One Hour' to my quit buddy (she's back on the horse and on day 2) plus any other motivational pieces I can find. I am very proud of her for keeping going and not giving up. Its always good to have someone else to natter with when the others go for a long smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �16.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, kev! THAT is what I have been waiting to hear! You CAN do this..one day, one hour, one minute at a time. I'm curious, do you use the deep breathing during craves, too? I am quietly supporting you every day, every step -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $788.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Hi Nance, Day 5 for me today! Woohoo. You read the whole lot then by the sounds of it Nance! How was the fishing? Just to keep you up to date my plan is as follows : 1) Take babysteps : only think of the present time (at least try to) 2) Breathe 12 deep breaths on the hour every hour 3) Listen to my staying quit CD often 4) Write here, it doesn't matter how often as long as you don't smoke 5) Make a promise to my SSC friends and my quit buddy 6) Look for the positives in everything 7) Do not be afriad to ask questions Now day 5 is something very very special for me. About a year ago I made 4 1/2 days cold turkey. I have now beaten that record, just by playing it slowly and taking it a day at a time. If I wasn't concentrating on beating the craves I would be smiling from ear to ear right now. The cold turkey thing is so important for me as it is what I wanted to do from the very beginning. Now to make my daily promise : I promise to you (my SSC friends) and my quit buddy that I WILL NOT SMOKE today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �16.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kev, I go on a long weekend fishing trip and you come unglued? Ok buddy, I'll stick around and hold your hand so you can't smoke again. Don't be so hard on yourself...you are still quitting and you will keep on quitting until you get it right...however long it takes. I know you will. You got a taste of the quit and now you want it more than ever. And you shall have it...but you have to reach out for it. We can't do it for you, as much as we would like to. You see how many of us are pulling for you, so if you do your part, we will do ours. Deal? (((HUGS))) Nance (PS, I lost the bet, I thought after a week you had it nailed. So I am here to hold your hand until you no longer need me) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $732.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Thanks guys, still craving like a madman but I know I may be 1 day closer to starting to feel better. Working on ways to help my quit buddy at the moment. Going to get her to call me before she smokes. A bit like how I am suggested to post before smoking. It took me 2 hours to write the above. Nothing like burning time instead of cigarettes hey! :) Hugs to all for keeping me on the straight and narrow. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �12.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WTG, JDK! WH!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $693.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done and slap her from me! WHACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 341 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,502 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,790.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Thanks Danielle, Nice to see you. Hi Pat, I always love your posts. It is a very large hammer yep :) This is now DAY 4 COLD TURKEY. Yippee. I promise to the SSC crew and my quit buddy that I WILL NOT SMOKE today. Well last night we nearly didn't make the wedding reception. Not only were we 2 hours late, we got lost getting there! The hotel it was at was amazing though. Both my quit buddy and I stayed on cola all night. Kept my quit but watched my buddy come unstuck on hers. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �12.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: