Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

The Magic Ship- Board Here!

17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ahoy, shipmates!! I'm sorry I've been a bad nurse and not posted for a while. The good news is, hubby and I are BOTH smoke-free! The move went well, though I'm still waiting on hubby to set up internet (currently at MomMom's), but I have to give him a lot of credit. He's working a lot of hours, and he still isn't smoking. By a lot, I mean his 10-6 job has him getting home sometimes at midnight! Anyway, hopefully he will get the 'net set up at home soon, so I can post more often and check in with everybody! Smokey Robinson's "Cruisin" floating through my head. Hey, has anyone seen him on TV lately? He absolutely frightened me at the Grammys...he never blinked! I'd have to say he had some plastic surgery gone bad...wondering if anyone else agrees with me. Everybody Cruise on, I'll check in again soon! ~Nursey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gang, Quick post here. I too wanted to say it is good to see you on deck Lady. You do look lovely here on the Magic ship. Please promise to stay with us a while. We would love to have you enjoy a drink, some chocolates and the wonderful music. With the heavy dose of positive here on the ship, we might can help you find the silver lining to that cloud. Yes, I truly believe that every cloud has a silver lining. Sometimes it just takes a while to find it. Of course I think it would be easier to see with my glasses on. Did anyone see my glasses laying around. I can't find them. If you hear a splash, that would be me falling overboard looking for my glasses. Who would have thought just a few years ago, I could see for miles and miles and miles and miles. (Was that I song?) Well I think the lack of sleep is catching up with me. I am going to run to bed. Before I go, just want to check on you Freemom. You doing okay? Remember we have a special stash of chocolate. Maybe you and Lady can find a corner of the ship to go eat them ALL. Have a good evening. And Lady we will keep praying. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
****Lady..so glad you stopped by for a visit..you rock**** We are all so proud of you, and the amazing job you're doing. You are as welcome as the flowers in May. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts which are deep inside our bodies. We are all very proud...just like peacocks. And yes, everyone on the Magic ship is awesome...and I would like to say in all honesty, they are...beyond awesome! I have very little time to post...just wanted to say hi to Lady and all my shipmates. MomMom...keep your chin up when you're feeling down. Sometimes we use the Magic Ship as our own little positive world to get the support we need to stay quit. There are many trials and tribulations on this journey and you will see many posts of struggles. I am not trying to diminish the need for these posts as they are very real. Early in my quit, I stopped visiting anywhere but the Magic Ship for days on end. The difficulties on other threads were too many and I could not help anyone, so chose to help myself. Please do not feel guilty for not helping anyone ever or for what happens in anyone else's quit. No one is wrong, no one is right, when it comes to how they quit or in helping others. On the Magic Ship, we choose to stay positive in all things and especially in our quits. We are here to help and we will be here for you, but we will rally around you and lift you up even if it's not what think you need. Must run...for now...have a great evening everyone. Pat :) :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $798 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$120,921.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 963 Hours: 3

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 158 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mom, I know it's Monday but cheer up ....Rainiie and I discussed this a long time ago, this Ship is about positive. Now I realize everyone has a easier time than others when the quit, but one thing is for certain, everyone on this ship knows just how hard it is to do what we did, and continue to do. It's not like the person who never smoked can even have a clue. So while I too try to support everyone, and everyone is welcome on board, even the occasional visitor, we support positive attitudes, but mostly we support everyone here...I must be off, stay strong, and help those who need it...The Captain [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much for the prayer chain and support. You guys really are amazing quitters and you should all be proud. You are awesome! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 633 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2215.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sometimes life just sucks....but "this too shall pass" we just need to be there for our buddies. My granny use to tell me as I sat there with a broken heart... "It is better to have loved and lossed than never to have loved at all" I say..."yeah, WhaaatEva"! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,212 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shipmates, I don�t have a lot of time to post today, and I�m not really in a party mood. I have been reading the posts of some people who have been here longer than me who have real troubles in their life. These people sound so down on themselves for things beyond their control. Walls are being built around hearts, people are withdrawing from life, baring their souls and crying out for help on the posts for the past few days. I feel for each and every one of them, and I try to post something encouraging...just a couple of lines or so. These are the same people who have always had an encouraging word for me when I needed it. I feel so inadequate sometimes because I don�t know what to say. Some of these people are even posting encouragement for each other, which I find so amazing. Even in their worst moments, they are still cheering for others. I see that many of our shipmates are also posting for these folks, which shows me what caring people you all really are. It�s also amazing to see the real support that grows on this site. We could pass each other anonymously on the street every day, yet here we are names without faces, and we feel like we know each other. The pain of one is felt by many. The strength of this site is proven by the fact that these people, in their worst moments, haven�t smoked. They may have come close, or maybe had a little slip, but they want to save their quit! So they come here for support. That says a lot! Like our Captain MrMagic always says: �Help those who need it�, and there are friends here right now who REALLY need our help. Then we�ll come back here and party! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $194 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
***wakes up in a cozy hammock...looks around at all her wonderful supportive friends...smiles and gives thanks for all the magic people and blessings in her life...prays for peace within for her friend Lady...sends (((hugs))) to MomMom and Freemom and Lynne's Mom*** Good Morning Cap'n, Shipmates and Magic visitors, Whew, finally a day off to rest my feet, regroup and get ready for another chapter in...are you ready peoples...the continuingggg storrrrieee of "Magic Mayhems"...yes that's lame so somebody please think of a great name for our little soap opera? Lynne, glad you're still with us. WAHOOOO, Congratulations on 5 fantastic months of kicking ash!!! ***furiously scribbles notes on "how to" follow Lynne to the beach and beyond*** JT...sweetie...please forgive me for overlooking you in my last post! Arrggghhhh...I knew I was forgetting someone important but d' lack o' d' z's combined wit' d' h20 pourin' on my head all day caused strange lapses o' d' memory fo' li'lle ol' me. Hope your weekend was the best ever....LOOK AT YOUR STATS....70 DAYS!!!! We're all cheerin you on to the beach!!! You're going to look so smashing in your string bikini having walked all those miles...and getting yourself all skinny and booodecious. He he he...It's going to be like magic survivor....I'm gonna be watchin Phil watchin you, while Rainies watchin the wenches watchin the Cap'n watchin the horizon while we're all watchin for smokers watchin our gangplank. Rainie, sweetie pie hunny bunches of bestest ever mostest positive possible serving wenches...see old post for full list of compliments, I'm so glad you finally had time to sit down and chill for a day with your poochie. ***LOOK AT YOUR STATS....60 DAYS...CONGRATULATIONS!!!*** You need to take care of yourself, reward yourself, pamper yourself and know what a good friend you are to all of us. We need you here to keep the rest of us pulling on our oars by watching your amazing positive attitude in your amazing kick-ash quit!!! Yes, our prayers have gone out to our Lady...we know she will get through this...and she knows we are all here for her. MomMom, please tell us how you feel today! You really are doing a great job with your quit...keep posting...we all question from time to time and po
  • Quit Meter

$120,921.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 963 Hours: 3

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 158 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Arrrggggggg, The Captain is back at the daily grind, and paying the price for the fun that was had last week, but I am ready to do it again :)- lot's of golf, lot's of yardwork, but overall a good time. Smoke free of course and feeling real good about that...give me a chance to get caught up and we'll continue on course for Cabo....party on you wenches....The Captain, Mr. Magic... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Monday! Boy there sure were a lot of things going on these past few days!!! Woo Hoo Freemom is back on deck! Welcome home, Darlin'. How ya getting through these first few days? Keep telling your mind that this something YOU WANT. Pat, thanks for the heads up on Lady. We need to run up on deck and do a prayer chain. We should each take a moment right now to think of her and send her our thoughts for peace...peace of mind is priceless. I was hangin' by the pool on Sat and had a wonderful day. Let my dog go swimming and he just loved it! Julie, how is the walking going? My friend and I are going to start tonight. We were suppose to start last week but things just got away from us. Well, I hope everyone is ready for a great week!!!! Keep smoke free and enjoy the good feelings it brings!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: