Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

I enjoyed it!!

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! If I told myself that I enjoyed smoking, that it was good, that I missed it, etc. etc. etc. ... I'd be back to smoking in no time. Since I have quit and have educated myself and opened my eyes to the lies that the addiction was telling me everyday. I hate smoking. I'm pissed off that I ever smoked. I don't miss it and I'm so glad that I don't have a drug controlling my life anymore. I am so glad that it is not a constant struggle and that I am not always wondering when I can have my next fix. I don't miss that ... feeling like a flippin' junkie. I can breath now. I sleep better now. I have so much more energy now. Get rid of that 'stinkin thinkin' or 'junkie thoughts' ... they will serve you no good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 796 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$54,566.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 3

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there! If we didn't enjoy smoking at one point in time we wouldn't be addicts! Just know that this is the nicodemon trying to get you back on his side! Don't let him win! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $103.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your support, all. You brought alot of smiles to my mug! Love ya! :) I love this place! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,412 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$272,832.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6111 Hours: 7

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I enjoyed smoking!! It was good. Everything revolved around the smokes. I miss it. When you give up something you enjoyed....its a constant struggle. I'm tired. I had more energy when I smoked. Oh well...now that I got that off my chest....I'll take another deep breath and keep looking forward. whew...that was close. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$272,832.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6111 Hours: 7

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JuJu, Lucy-Lui has got any eyeball on you..... Good - you might need it. I'm jumping on Rusty's bandwagon and recommending that if you have not incorporated exercise into your quit, that may be the reason you're feeling sluggish. Quitting is hard work, exercising is my way of fighting back for control my health, heart and lungs. Everytime I complete 30 minute workouts without stopping or breathing heavy, I am SO glad I quit smoking. Never loved smoking, alsways looked at it as my BIGGEST downside. Now the worst thing about me is that I need to curb the swears once in awhile. LOL I have more energy NOW (we are close in our quits)- so give it a go and I bet your energy level gets a boost. Also check your diet for any deficiency. Hang in there JuJu - there's no smoking in Shamrock Land......... CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $259 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi my fellow Shamrock!! I have heard many of people say that they loved smoking. I don't think love is the correct word, neither is enjoy. We smoked because our bodies told us too. When nicotene was depleting, we had a fix. That is where the AAAAHHHH feelings (ie- love, enjoyment, fulfillment, etc...) come in. We also smoked when we were happy, sad, mad, frusterated, crying, mourning, etc.... Every aspect of our lives included smoking. Every feeling we had was celebrated with a cig. It is normal to feel like you loved it. You were one. Now you are not. Enjoy this smoke free time!!! Pick yourself up and just do it. Get up and outside and go for a walk. I have spells where I am sooo tired, but they last only for about 2 weeks. Then I get refreshed, and can last the entire day without a nap. All in all, you are doing GREAT!!! Keep on fighting, the freedom you crave will come if you let it. Keep the fight, but let go of the battle. That battle is exhausting. Find peace with your quit, and embrace it. ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,833 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $307.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No you didn't................it just seemed like it. Mad Englishman [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,271 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �905 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JuJu, Of course you enjoyed smoking... we all did. We are addicts and most addicts do enjoy their drug. The thing is that now, I enjoy the freedom of NOT smoking more than I did the act of smoking. I like not having to quit doing what I'm doing so I can go feed my addiction every 30 minutes. I like not having everything I do dictated by a cigarette because there's no smoking there. The freedom that quitting offers is better than the enjoyment that comes with smoking. Just hang in there and you will feel that freedom too! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 222 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $916.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JuJu, Many people here have reflected about how much they miss smoking and the "good times" they recall from it. I'm as guilty as the rest in that regard. However, we need to learn how to move on with our lives and find happiness in that which we have, not that which we have lost. Here is a quote that I feel sums up the approach a quitter must make in terms of their general outlook on life. I post this quote often.. [b][color=blue]"May we never let the things we can't have, or don't have, or shouldn't have, spoil our enjoyment of the things we do have and can have. As we value our happiness, let us not forget it, for one of the greatest lessons in life is learning to be happy without the things we cannot or should not have."[/color] [color=black]Richard L. Evans[/color][/b] Continued best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 388 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,709 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $950.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 67 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$36,377.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9780 Hours: 6

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel where you're coming from, and we both know better. [quote] Everything revolved around the smokes. [/quote] Was it really a GOOD thing? Having everything in your life revolve around a DRUG!? Don't you want to get to the point where you DON'T have to think about when you're going to get your next cigarette? Perhaps you'll listen to yourself...here are some of the things you have said since you began your quit: [quote] I made it through my first week and am taking one day at a time....really...one waking minute at a time. The nicodemon will not control me. I control it. [/quote] [quote] Have you ever seen the billboard with the animals having a cig hanging out of their mouths and the caption says...."it looks just as stupid when you do it". [/quote] [quote] I'm quitting for good this time. I've had it that a stupid little white cancer stick has that much control over me. "Poof"...you're gone for good this time and you no longer have that kind of hold on me....YIPEEEEE. I'm freeeeeeeeeee! [/quote] [quote] And....no...i am no longer a smoker. Its tough but I'm not giving in...as much as i would love to...i'm not doing it. [/quote] You said all of that. Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,961 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $702 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: