Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Tomorrow is quit day...where did my enthusiasm go?

18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bagsgirl, First of all, congratulations on your decision to quit!!!! It sounds like you really are ready! Second, you have to look at this as not something that you're giving up or losing, but something that you are GAINING! You are regaining your LIFE, your FREEDOM, your MONEY! You're not LOSING cigarettes... you're making a choice to better your life. It's not that you CAN'T smoke again... it's that you are choosing to do something that will change your life for the better. Also, try not to look at this as a forever thing. Take it one day at a time. [quote] By the yard, it's hard but by the inch, it's a sinch! [/quote] Keep that in mind. Just worry about right now and try not to think too much about "forever." It's too overwhelming if we think about it that way. On the bright side, I'm totally impressed with your planning and preparation. I can tell that you really want this and are prepared to take your life back once and for all. Just keep those coping tools with you. You're going to do awesome tomorrow and we'll all be here for you to help you along! Congratulations on quitting! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterfly2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,266 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 191 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think the scariest part of this is the first day, getting started. Once you get going you'll discover what a great tool the SSC is. We're here for ya, and have been there, done that... It sounds like you have a great attitude, so lets get started. you can do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 316 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1896 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$383,425.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9899 Hours: 23

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kim, The way u put what you were going through in your post made me giggle a bit. I realize it's not funny for you though :( I see the same type of posts from many before their quit day. You're giving up your best friend, so yes it's sad but it's really not your friend, so in the long run you'll be just fine :) Congrats on your decision to quit!!! woohooooooo!!! Welcome to the site that's helped me to stay quit for almost a year now!!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!! Stay close & you'll be just fine :) No matter what don't lite up... Keep on keepin on... Cherie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 340 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,802 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$26,928.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 589 Hours: 6

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: