Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

WORST DAY!

13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Davit... that IS a humorous worst day!!!  Not at the time, I'm sure.... but it makes a great story now.  Thanks for sharing.  I needed a good laugh. (with you, of course, never AT you)  
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~m

I miss my animals. When I had my knees replace I was told that they could not be redone again, I had waited too long. If I fell on them and damaged them they would have to remove the leg or legs. So the horse went and the saddle, but I couldn't part with the harness, I still have hope. I almost bought an old draft horse just to have a horse again. The cows are gone, no more cute baby cows. No more chickens scratching in the dirt. Unfortunately now more s...t for the garden. A good place for it real and mental. There is a saying that the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man. I'll extend that to all animals and both sex's. You never know what you have till it is gone. Or how good it is to get it back.

No one can know how peaceful shovelling s...t is till they do it. Also, every one needs someone or something to care for. 

I still have two cats, and my Thursday supper friend has a Jack Russel. Good stress relievers, 
But I miss the animals and the chickens. I might just have to do something about that again now that I'm better.

One thing this worst day question has shown us is that we survived them and will if we have any more. 

A humorous worst day: two and a half years ago I was in hospital with a broken leg and drugged to the eyeballs. I struggled very hard to get on to the edge of the bed and shuffle onto a commode. My anxiety level was very high because of the lack of control and the pain. To my horror there was no pot in it. Boy did I get people running before My bowels did.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been trying to come up with an answer because, of course, I've had worst days too.  I guess I'm kind of with Sid on this one too.  There are too many and posting any would be too much of a downer.  Maybe if I can find one that is somewhat humorous, I will post that instead.

The other part of  Josie's question was how did you overcome the worst day in your life.  That I can answer with ...  it depends.  As a onetime stablehand & horseowner, currently living with two dogs and two cats, and caring daily for my grandchildren... I tend to describe my coping methods in a .... um, somewhat, scatalogical manner.  I hope no one is offended, but this is how I handle the really bad things that have happened in my life.

Mostly I've just hunkered down when the sh*** comes too fast to shovel out.  Keep myself safe until there is a lull.  And then ask for help getting out from under.  When I'm on my own again, I just try to keep up with it as best I can until the next torrent.... there always is another one, but there also are times when I'm able to keep up.  When I can catch my breath and enjoy the view.   I learn a lot from shoveling sh*** ... literally and metaphorically.  
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ive had a few worst days also, but the worst day  for me was when i had to put my beautiful puppy Molly to sleep, it was a pain i never knew i could feel

xx
13 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs,

I was wondering what brought you to the panic center?
If you don't mind me asking...

Everyone...
As for me and my worst day..
I have had a few of them in my life..I am not comfortable posting them..I think it is better for me and everyone else if I keep them to myself..So I will have to respond with no comment...

Sid
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't say I've had one really bad day.   My stress seems to be evenly spread over the week so I can deal with it, so I guess I'm lucky.
13 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs,

I definitely had to learn to slow down.  Yoga and meditation seriously helped me learn how.  Also, walking outside and being with nature helped me slow down.  It really helps so you can think through your anxious thoughts because, as I'm sure you know, it's next to impossible to think straight when your mind is racing.  It's weird because now I can actually sit and just be. 
Not to say I don't still have bad days!  But, they are farther inbetween.

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So hugs what was your worst day, join the group, everyone has a worst day.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sirius,
Before you got to the point when you knew you had to pace yourself, did you find you had to slow down?

I ask since it seems that life can propel you faster than you can process what's going on, and then I find I get overwhelmed?  Was there a time where you had to let yourself catch up, or get grounded, or stop all the buttons from getting pushed(or "triggers" in CBT language)?
13 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have had a few worst days.  Most recently being the day I lost my dad.  Another would be my first panic attack, which I remember like it was yesterday even though it was almost 20 years ago.  Numerous days of my boy's high school days.  I could go on and on about my worst days because there have been many.  I choose to remember the good days because they are the ones that keep me going.  I know that good days will come back because they always do.  It's some sort of cosmic law about balance I think. 

Regardless the reason for the worst day, the way I get through it is by taking one moment at a time.  One day at a time.  One week at a time.  If you think of the entire situation, it will overwhelm you and seem impossible.  One at a time is much more manageable. 

Reading this thread: