Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

What´s Cooking ?

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made a good dish, and risked it, while mom wasn't well, and needed fibre. It's cauliflower & carrot soup, and seems to have helped. I minimized the risk by tasting it, which I don't always think to do.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hugs, 
That is wonderful. I actually talk to a lot of people at our store, but it is small and I know most of them.

I left the cocoa out of my cake and put in more flour and used a cup of apple sauce instead of the milk. added spices instead of the vanilla. This is a boiling water cake and cooks fast and moist. The apple sauce adds fibre, you could use carrots or pumpkin instead. It is a never fail cake and very easy to make. It also uses oil instead of butter or shortening.
It is going to go good with my movie tonight.

Davit.
I've been immersed nursing mom to health, using a software programme which tracks food content. It's been challenging, and I've been slowly tweaking the foods, to increase fibre, which I've confirmed is missing, as the experts say, from our diet. My hands are sore from typing, but maybe I'll be able to estimate the amounts, as I choose better or nutrient richer foods, particularly fibre rich foods. I even got a compliment from the dietician who said I was doing awesome! A funny thing happened at the grocery store, where I walk forever to get the exercise, using my irrational need to meet little demands from the diet, after I'd missed some items in the grocery delivery. My sore wrist was bothering me, so I was wincing and stretching it. I'd noticed a woman, and know enough not to stare, but she actually reminded me of a wonderful person I'd met at church. This similar-looking person asked me if I was alright after I finished my shopping, since I was still favouring my wrist. I said I was just stretching it out, and probably overused it typing. So she said "so you're alright". I replied, yes, and I didn't hurt at the store. I suppose I thought I might have fallen in the store. I was actually flattered that anyone, let alone an attractive woman, would even notice me, since I hadn't shaven for a few days, my back was sore, so I didn't go to the gym as I normally do, so I look more "presentable". It's nice to have someone actually talk to me, since I can go for hours without a peep, but that's my "world". I'd like to continue going to the store, since it seems welcoming, and I actually went to school a block away, so it's closer to some part of me-the high school ideals, and sports and aspirations, which kind of disappeared with dad's passing...
Okay so now I have all this food and just want to eat it. On top of that March 14 is pie day. as if I needed an excuse.

Well it is lunch time so I better eat something. Something quick because the sun is shining and I want to go outside.

Davit
Today has been a cooking and cleaning day. I'm batch cooking meals and freezing them. Today was spaghetti sauce that will spend the night in the slow cooker. And shepherds pie. Shepherds pie will be for supper and the rest in the freezer. Mashed potatoes freeze okay so I can do this. Potatoes in stew don't freeze so I don't freeze it. They turn to mush.
I have chilli, sauerkraut and sausage, two kinds of casserole and two soups. Lazy cabbage rolls.  And an apple pie and donuts. I'm good for a while now and can spend my time in the green house. I could make a chocolate cake and freeze it too. Looks like I won't get out to the green house today but that is okay, there is always tomorrow.
There is a lot to be said for going to bed tired.

It was another lovely spring day with the sun out for most of it. 

Davit
Another small step. If I told you a year ago things would change and you would be more open and more confident I don't think you would have believed me. One more core belief dying a slow death, but it is dying.
Congratulations. 

Cooking is just one thing, like the gardening, they are all connected to confidence. If you aren't smiling you should be.

Davit.
I can't believe how good I am at cooking. Too bad they wouldn't leave me alone at work so I could get a sense of confidence. Mom's care is important too though.
Okay, first try didn't work. Dough is too thick, they are tough. They taste right though. Okay, I'll try again. 

Having fun. Need a cup of tea too.

Davit
Well, a phone call later and a few side tracks and I have decided to put everything in the fridge and watch a movie.
See nothing is so important it can't wait. I'll do a better job tomorrow.
House is cleaner :-) . Dishes are done. I'm happy, especially since I'm out of popcorn. Eating too much too late. 
Still sticking to one slice of bread a day but there has been pasta. Too many sausages too. I used to make my own without salt and less fat. Onions for half the fat. 

Davit
Can you believe it, I'm just getting ready to make perogies. How long have I been planning to do this. See why I don't make lists. Everything gets done, just some times it takes a while. Of course on the road to here today was making soup and making bread crumbs too so although I'd like to go sit on the deck I will do this.

Davit

Reading this thread: