Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Is it end or a new start ?

11 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I got very positive reponses for my post. Offcourse the show must go on.We cant stop doing work merely because of anxiety.
My past four months are horrible.But I took one another step against my anxiety.This is 3rd major setback in my life.Now I
am making a core belief that I have some restrictions/capability.I now avoid working on challanging projects.I now avoid working in big brands.Reason I fear of them & big tags make me anxious.
Ok let it be a very new start after completion of 8 yrs in job.Its like fight or flight situation.
Yes I accept that I flighted from challanging projects.As I work on big & challanging projects I tends to get anxious & confused.
Now regaining my confidence & again developing positive senses.
Keep posting with positive flavour.

rohit131
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rohit,

First of all, please know that you are not your anxiety. You feel anxiety now but you can learn to manage it - it is not a part of your personality and your anxiety does not have to dictate what you can and cannot do. You get to decide whatever you want to do - not your anxiety.

Work on the program, do the homework and keep posting. When you are ready challenge your fears - we can help you every step of the way. You feeling anxious is not a failure - you can take control of it and you will be stronger because of it.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rohit

I think the important thing here is that you have done something. It's not a failure, it's a change, an adventure. And learning does not mean having to do something complicated although that does give one a sense of accomplishment.
You know who you are. You are an engineer who has chosen to try something else. Why not? 
I'm a very good welder and I used it to get a foot in the door to jobs I wanted. I enjoyed my life and have gained a lot of experiences. I will admit that I was embarrassed when people would say to me " do you know how much you could make welding". Yes I knew. But to me the job I wanted was one where I could be the best I could be and still have time to enjoy what I was doing.
You may not stay at that job, it may well be what you need to get your confidence back. You might work your way up till you find your comfortable level. The important thing is still that you are doing something.
And for that we are all proud of you.

Davit
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
P.S.  True friends will stick by you and your decisions in life, whether they agree or not.  However, with this change, you will also gain new friends.  So, I think this is very positive and it's a win win situation, however you look at it.

Shari 
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rohit131,

You are a success!  Education and money, to some people, are what's important.  I think doing what makes you happy and feel satisfied are what really matters.  I tried for higher education, myself, and had anxiety through the roof of course, and the problem is that I am an artist, not a mathematician.  In order for me to get a higher degree, I would have to take higher math courses and I was struggling in the remedial class.  So, why torture myself, when I can accept that I'm an artist not a math whiz.  I think this is a new and positive start for you.  I accept you for who you are, and more importantly, I hope you can accept yourself for who you are.  I don't know why society has such levels of what's worthwhile and good, like more money, bigger house, etc.  It's really the quality of life.  I would much rather do something less stressful, which is a success, than to stress myself out doing what I think others think I should do.  I am honestly and truly impressed with your decision, because it's hard to take a stand for what you want in the critical eyes of others.  I know they're not bad, they're just not understanding.  I think this is great for you and bravo for being strong and doing what you want.  You are a role model and a hero to me.  Keep up the good work and I think everything will get better, because you're doing what you want and others will eventually come around.  Any time we do something, that is considered different by other's, there's a temporary adjustment for all involved, including yourself.  I'm really, really proud of you.  Keep up the great work and hold your head high.  There is no reason not too.  I really mean that.

Shari
11 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wonder if it is failure? I think that word is very negative. I think it is success when you realize who you are.

I was in a high stress job and was unable to work since June. In the mean time I have struggled to figure out what to do and to figure out who I am. I now realize that sometimes it is our attitudes that need changing.

I would think that taking a lower salary job could be a good idea. Less stress is always better because at the end of the day no matter what, money cannot buy happiness. Besides, look at this as a learning opportunity.

Sunflower
11 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I left my job 4 months back due to high anxiety,depression & weight loss.But After a span of 4 months I now feel some normal in myself.I now drop my idea of higher studies.Why? because I feel high anxiety & depression during studies.I have now joined a job of low salary.Idea is to keep myself busy in some worthful activity.
My friends & circle are very amazed.They suddenly saw a degradation in my life.They ask me why you joined a job of very low salary & which does not suits my profile.I can not even share with them about my anxiety problem.
Joining job of very low salary  is a tough decision for me.
I don't know is it a start or an end for me;for my social life;for my carreer;for everything I have.
It is very tough to accept yourself as you are.Very tough to accept failure.

rohit131

Reading this thread: