Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

dizzy spell...help

15 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know how you feel i'm dizzy and have blurred vision all day long and thats what brings on the anxiety and panic but i heard that ginger root helps the dizziness,i haven't tried it myself yet though.
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mya , well done again . I competly agree with Dazedmommy .
16 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mya.. First off, good for you!! Taking the first pill is the hardest... It does get easier. Also, you're probably exhausted from being so anxious for such a long time.. You're body has been on "high alert" for so long that it is ready to rest. I'm like that. Right now with my setback I know I'm exhausted and feel tired but the way my mind races won't allow me to slow down. If possible, take the cues and rest. Your body is telling you it needs it. Keep me posted - I would love to hear how you're doing. Again.. you're very brave! and should feel good.
16 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well i have been really drowsy sence taking the paxil but so far thats it..i didn't get much sleep last night either so thats not helpful Thanks for your support..I am still really scared about this!@!!
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Mya! Congratulations on overcoming your fears! You go girl! -Diva
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh WOW Mya , well done you . :) Here if you need to chat .
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mya, We are proud of you for taking a huge step. It's normal to have some anxieties when taking a new medication, be sure to track your daily observations, feelings and symptoms. We here to help so anytime you need support come and see us! Keep your head up high, Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok now i need your support!!! I DID IT..I finally took my first paxil pill...i had to call 2 pharmecists and be on the phone with a nurse while swallowing the pill...now the fear sets in...please help e get through this..i am scared to DEATH!!!! I took it about 20 minutes ago...this was a HUGE step for me after years of suffering...
16 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After I got off my medications, I have been having dizzy spells all the time. I sometimes think I want to be back on my medication (Lexapro). It did me well. But I am turning 24 next week... and I didn't want to be on medications for the rest of my life. So I am trying to be off it until I'm 30. My anxiety is not that great right now and my doctor gave me Xanax just to hold on to until I really can't control my anxiety. Anyways, supposively I am getting the dizzy spells because I have ear congestion.. I'm probably allergic to something. Do you have allergies? I feel like I am constantly falling back slowly and I have pressure on the sides of my head. Sometimes it doesn't bother me and I can just forget about it.. but when it's really there and I notice it, I panic.
16 years ago 0 313 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mya.. Hi Dina... Mya the side effects were definately liveable and definately not worse than what you're already going through. I totally get what Dina is talking about..something immediate and I know that they can prescribe something to take with your Paxil at the beginning to ease the symptoms (if they are unbearable) until it kicks in. I think Xanax would be in a situation where you're anxiety is sporadic and not continual kinda like Ativan. The fact that you have not worked in 6 years seems to me as though your anxiety is quite debilitating :(.. and when I was at my worst I was willing to try just about anything. :) The fact that you are also doing therapy makes your chances of success even greater. I myself am going to go back for 1 session a month to learn more about the OCD side of my anxiety. The good thing is that both Dina and I have found success with medications and so will you. You'll just need to find the one right for your situation. If you have anymore questions be sure to ask :)

Reading this thread: