Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Today was great, until tonight

12 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Running a yoga and meditation for anxiety would be a great class, maybe eventually that could be your goal? I would love to take something like that as I love yoga  but need more physical stuff to get rid of my stress. Yoga is a great wind down for me and helps me with my chronic back issues.

Take care and keep up the great work :)
12 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks. Doing yoga soon after getting home the last few days has helped. I bought a new DVD. it's much fresher than the ones I have. I have done the first part of the program 3 times (25 minutes) and did the 10 minutes of the 2nd program, which is 45 minutes. I love yoga. Wish I could do it while I work :-). That is actually a goal of mine. I want to become a yoga instructor.

Have you ever heard of this book? Overcoming Obsessive Thoughts: How to Gain Control of Your OCD  by Christine Purdon.

David
12 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you have a mindfulness based stress reduction  (based on Jon Kabat Zinn's teachings) in your area check it out... also the book, 'You are not your brain.' By Jeffery Schwartz... he does tons of research on the brain and brain plasticity.   Just a thought.  
Today started off OK. But with 2 bad nights of sleep in a row. I was OK as I took mg a diazepam this morning, but then toward the middle of the day I began to have the stupid obsessive thoughts, again. They are unwanted and uninvited thoughts. I nearly had a panic attack at a stop light today because I was tired of waiting for it due to OCD thoughts. I then took half of a diazepam.

I have done some research and found a kind of yoga that's supposed to help with OCD called Kundalini Yoga. Gonna do more reaearch and see if there's any detailed descriptions.

I did not have any really bad panics or thoughts that really threw me back today, but I would have liked a clear headed day.

Tomorrow is another day,
David
I have also been in a funk now too. And I can totally relate to the Sunday blahs. It is really nice to read that you have support from your wife. 

I am going to re-do the program here as I seem to have forgotten it all! I think repetition is needed, if you don't use it you lose it.

You sound like you have come a long way. Keep positive and make sure you keep making time for the things you love to do.

Take care!
Sunflower,

What a timely post. I had some trouble with panic today at work, after nearly 2 weeks of no panic and progress.

During work today, I experienced a few moments of loss of control, mostly over thoughts of mortality. I must ad that I had someone riding with me today during my inpections. This made me more nervous. I felt pressure on my head and some tingling and shorts spans of unreality.

This followed a long weekend where I was mostly well until I made myself nervous when I needed to go to the super market. I convinced my wife to come with me when I finally admitted to her that I was scared to go alone. :-) She was glad I asked her.

Sundays are often hard for me. anticipating the Monday coming. I had a few moments of anxiety on Sunday, including one moment where I had a short burst of depersonalization Sunday when I was watching a movie that came out in 1982 (Fast Times at Ridgemont High). Pivotal year. Though a funny movie, it seemed to bring me some anxiety. I had a ton of anxiety and change that year and experienced what panic really was for the first time as a teen.

Then I had a headache Sunday night and took 2 tylenol and plenty of chamomile tea.

Not much sleep led me into Monday's adventure.

Once I got home tonight, I fed the animals with my wife and then started a new yoga DVD and then fed the turtles outside, and then did my arm workout for 45 minutes.

I feel much better, but still a bit shaken.

I am back to tracking my symptoms. last time was August 23, which tells me I had more than 2 weeks of releative peace.

Thanks for responding,
David

I also have racing thoughts. They stink. 

I read Jill Bolte Taylor's book recently about when she had a stroke and for the first time she didn't hear that little voice obsessing and nattering anymore. I actually wished for a stroke just to get rid of my excess thoughts!

A little trick I do is to focus only on what I am doing. For example: I am washing my hair. I am washing my hair. Rather than washing my hair and thinking too much. Another example: I am looking at the light, looking in my mirror, now the light is changing....etc. I am not sure if it will work with you but you never know.

My thoughts are with all of us on here trying to get through this.
Never finished my thought. Where it says my Mother told me my Father, it should have ended with, used you carry valiums around incase he got nervous. Like father like son, I guess.
There is a history of anxiety, depression and panic attacks in my family. My cousin used to get panic attacks a lot. I even went to a meeting with her once and ended up having a panic attack at the meeting. LOL. That was in the '80's.

The pink generic I get at Walgreens. The yellow one came from my health insurance pharmacy. I noticed something wasn;t quite the same the first time I tried it, but I never filled it since December because they gave me a whole bunch of them for a lot less price. I won;t do that again.
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have found there is a difference in other medications, especially antibiotics and pain killers. I get by with yellow or white valium because I am very sensitive to CNS depressants. I never knew there was a pink one. I know Generic acetaminophen does nothing for me. A few other generics are just weaker.

When my reaction time slows down I get very anxious. Like today, my blood pressure is too low so I'm slow but also very nervous and nauseous. It will pass.

Davit.
Well, the valium prescription I take is 1 tablet twice daily as needed, so there are days I can take two and then there are days, sometimes several days where I hardly need any. And some I use when the situation merits.
Today is the first time I took 2 of the pink generic ones in a very long time. I had gotten the generic yellow onces, and to tell you the truth, I noticed a difference. This had been since December. I know the old standard is that there is no difference, but when speaking to my Mother, she feels otherwise as do I. My Mother also told me my Father

I took one at 7 and one at 11:30.

I pretty much had a no incident day. No major negative OCD. A little anxiety when I woke up and then some in between doses, but I held my cool most of the day.

Going to take this day-by-day. I am still waiting to hear back from my therapist as to what her opinion is on switching to Paxil and hydroxizine. I believe she is still on vacation.

Davit, as far as reaction time, I really don't have any problems with that as long as I am not distracted by other things.

One main reason I am scared to change meds is that I hear Paxil can make you sleepy at the wheel. I encountered this with Prozac when I was on it.

David

Reading this thread: