Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

No need to read, just doing some major venting...

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you.
15 years ago 0 477 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Diva,
I am agreeing with Koneko and I think it's ok to freak out in a situation like this. (Just like your husband. I'm sorry that happened.)
Please let us know how it goes and I am thinking about you.

15 years ago 0 76 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva.

I think in this case it would be ok if you did "freak out."  I'm sure the vet would be ok with that, they probably have people do that a lot, I'm sure they'd understand how you feel about your beloved cat.  It's a sad day for you, I hope you can get through it.  My thoughts go with you, I believe you're doing the right thing, I would do the same even though it would be one of the hardest days of my life so I can just imagine what you must be going through.   

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope you have a better nights slep tonight Diva. Try to relax when you get home.
Hang in there,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Hi guys,

I am sorry for all the lengthy posts. Please feel free to diregard the following.

I just wanted to drop in to say the vet was called. We have an appointment for 5 pm tonight. It is weird to know exactly the time when I am going to have to say goodbye to my cat. I know it is the right thing to do and at the same time it feels horrible.

At least my husband has settled down from last night. He has apologized. I told him his behavior was unacceptable to me and he did not deny it so at least that. HE stayed home today to help me through all this. I really hate this.

I took some picture and a little video. I will miss him so much. I am not sure how I will get through the appointment in one piece. I am afraid to freak out. Husband sais I might wanna take a "nerve pill" before i go to get through it without panicking. Part of me thinks it might be wiser and the other part of me doesn't want to be druged up when I say goodbye. Plus, pills don't teach skills. At the same time I am so scared of going in there and freaking out. How does one stand there and watch one of the most precious being in there life go. I am not sure I know how to do that.

Anyway, will go now. I only slept three hours last night and am pretty beat. Might try to go relax a bit...whatever that means atm.
Thank you miki!

I am sorry for not answering most of everyone's post tonight. I had a horrible day. Tomorrow (I mean today Friday, I just have not gone to bed yet.) is the day I call the vet to take the "appointment". On top of it, my cat os not doing so well. To top things off my husband was mean to me pretty much from the time he got home to the time I left home crying without a supper with a friend who came to get me. He even managed to start screaming at me while he was supposed to be apologizing. I know this is hard on him too but it doesn't give him the right to yell at me all evening. I got home around 3 am and my friend stayed with me till 5 am. I gave the cat his fluids and am getting ready for bed. My husband is soundly sleeping. And here I am still angry and hurt. I really thought my husband and I were doing well but tonight pushes me to question everything again. I get that this is hard but it is no reason to get vicious. He yelled at me and swore at me...I did not really need this at the moment. It is hard o me too and I am not screaming or being hurtful to him.

Anyway, I should go to bed, I have tons of work to do tomorrow and it is going to be a tough day. I am very anxious about making that appointment. I know now that it is the right thing to do for the Kitty but I am not sure how well I will handle it.

Night or morning whatever the case may be.
Hang in there! I hope for better days.
Much love. 

Hello CD,

Yeah, being locked out in the storm at 3 am in the morning was no fun. But hey I did get some fresh rainy air! But yeah, I needed air so badly.
As for my mother she has two casts atm and a bruised toe. I do feel better though that she got proper care. I spoke to her and she seemed to be in good spirits.
As for work I called my boss and warned her I would start tomorrow only.Don't know what she thought of that...
As for the not eating a complete reversal happened. I could not eat all morning and then in the late afternoon I started eating (eating my emotions of course) and haven't been able to stop... Bleh.
Now, I just feel weirdly numb. I think my brain is trying to go into denial.
Thank you so much for all your support. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't come here and have your support. Thank you.

Hiya Miki,
Yes it was nice to chat. Today I feel weirdly numb and yet nothing feels right and I feel like nothing. I ca't get around to anything.

Thank you so much for your beautiful reply, it is good to have support. Thank you for reassuring me as to the fact that I wil be ok. Your support means the world to me.

Hiya Koneko,
I also wanted to thank you for your reply. Thank you For reminding me that he will stay with me whateverhappens in one way or another.And you are right, he had a good life and itis better that he not suffer.
Thank you so much for your support, it means a lot to me.

Sorry guys for the short replies lately. I just feel really off atm. Thanks so much for al your support!
Hello Diva,
It was nice to finally be able to chat with you yesterday. I hope you are feeling better today. I think it's ok to grieve and be in the position you are in atm. He means so much to you and it is such a struggle to go through this but don't worry, you will get out of this. People say they we will never stop grieveing for our loved ones who has passed and that we are not supposed to ever stop and I do agree with them. That is the measurement of love, I believe. But you will be able to handle it eventually. I think about my dogs a lot, I have photos of them in front of me and I remember all the moments they dedicated to me and I grieve still that they are not here anymore but I am glad that I have a memory of them. These might just be words for you right now, but you will get through this and we will all be waiting for you. Take your time! 

15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva oh my goodness what a nightmare ! That must have been awful being locked out poor you . I know what that feelings like only too much when you have to get out for some air , its horrific . Now your poor mothers hurt things are just getting worse and worse . I cant honestly blame you for not working , you cant contentrate with so much going on . Now thats extra pressure because you feel bad about your boss . Thats exatly what i was like , and my boss is my mother !! It was so hard for me to quit two weeks ago but i did it . Mind still feel bad .
As for the not eating , now who am i too say anything about that ????? But i will say please try even a tinyweeny bit .

Thinking of you CD x

Reading this thread: