Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Etiquette and Asserting Oneself - "Finger- Lickin´" Bad

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit,
Thanks for answering.

On a computer, can I text anyone whose number I have?  I think I can try that now, if I knew the provider.  I've done it in the past, but knew the provider.  I'll google this and if I don't figure it out, will ask you again?

I think she prefers text to voice, since she's a massage therapist, and doesn't wish to be interrupted.

I was grumpy until I went out into subzero weather, and and back and awake.  Well, the parts of my body which aren't thawing are awake.

I bought some Christmas cards really cheap, but after opening the package, I realize why they're 9 cents each.  I could make these off a colour printer, and the envelope could be purchased separately.  Oh well, I just wished to have something seasonal for correspondence.
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To me it says she is an inconsiderate idiot. I don't like dealing with people that are " my way or the highway". Of course I get a lot of this being disabled and on a limited income. People still expect me to do it their way or to have the toys they have.
As you can see this inconsideration for others annoys me. Sounds like all she has is a cell without voice mail.

I have text capability on my computer but don't use it. Maybe I'm living in the dark ages :-) .

Davit
Today I phoned someone, and their message was" text me or phone me later".

Does that mean I can't leave a voicemail?  I don't have texting on my landline, and I don't want keep calling.

Anybody know what this means?  Obviously, she has a cellphone.
Hi Molly,
I'm not being bothered by the same person or anything.  It's probably a good thing that I don't know how to find the different people, since I can't do much.  At least I have call screening, and on my land line, I have call blocking.

I used to think a former friend was paranoid when she talked about it, but call blocking is a great tool in our search for privacy, when there are so many telemarketers.  And I had great friend for years who did it too.  Everybody has to make a living, but I don't wish to be bothered.

Thanks for your support.
10 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hug4U

I hope you get to the bottom of who its soon. 

Take care

Molly

Hi Molly,
I think I've used the simple yellow pages in the past.  I haven't success lately. Today I got a call at church, on my cell, so it wasn't anyone I knew.

Little things get to me.
10 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hug4U

I normal write the numbers down so if they call again I know I missed that number and am ready to ask who they are? Or who they want? Some times I even write  down what I would say if I was going to call the number back so I don't get worried. 

Are you thinking of xdriecty online? I think that's where you look up numbers. 

Take care 
Molly
I received some telephone calls with numbers on my phone, but no messages.

What's the proper thing to do?  Call and ask who they're looking for?  Or just wait for another call, with a message?  They're two different occasions and different numbers.  I'm sure there's a lookup on the internet, but I can never find it.
At the butcher, a woman had a Prada bag.  I was waiting, and there was an awkward moment when I was asked if we were together, and we joined together saying "no".

When she, left, I stated as I was paying that I'd never seen a Prada bag.  But the staff said she  didn't look "Prada", which surprised me.  I stated you have have to start somewhere, trying to repair a nasty remark, since the woman a facial scar but was attractive.
Today I was upset since I was attempting to discretely speak to a secretary of a potential new doc for mom.  Another patient leaned forward, and his intense stare strongly suggested that he was attempting to eavesdrop.

I didn't know what to do except speak in a low tone at the side of her desk.  Sometimes there's nothing you can do, but suck it up.

In another environment, I would like to have spoken sternly to the gentleman, but it wasn't my space, so I just left.

A foot up the the a$$ would look good on him but maybe he was sitting forward because of the last time he annoyed someone

There are too many hurdles, and I need to get out today - I have cabin fever, and still have to meet with someone who is a professional slouch at the end of the day, so I'm going to try to get to the gym.

Reading this thread: