Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

The Exam...

13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazing work CdnGuy!

I loved reading this!  I am so glad you got through this.  How did you celebrate?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay, Hurray Guy !!!!  Thank you for not only letting us know how it went, but taking the time to write out the sequence of events and the self-talk that you used to get through it.  I get so tripped up on how to do that in a positive way.  Your coping just shines through.... I am so excited for you!  And, almost excited about my next exposure to I can practice what you have modeled.  Oh wow... look, it is another happy dance time. 
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Guy

I would say for most of us being positive is not natural. That is why we are here. To learn to be more positive. By the way it shows in your posts.

I hope the exam went well and that the house sells. I also hope when you get moved and settle and over all this anxiety that you will still visit us. Even just to say hi.

Davit
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cdn.Guy:  Congratulations on writing your test and all the rest.  Phew! that's over with now eh?  so you can relax and feel good about it.  When I read about the crying baby next door, oh boy, I felt that for you.  Waiting for your results can be stressful too, but you know you were prepared and did your very best.  Sounds like you did awesome.  Hope the house showing went well and you get an offer soon.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Guy,

Congratulations on getting through so many exposures in one day..
Your strength and courage is very inspiring...

Sid
13 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

Hard to say how the showing went. But at least it was a showing!  A few more showings and an offer should materialize I think.

Thank you for your kind words! My positivity isn't really natural. A lot of it is self talk, but by repeating it the positivity might become more real.
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Guy,
It's good to hear you talk so positively

I think you realize you do have a right to use the bathroomso use that right next time, maybe as part of "exposure"

How did the showing go
13 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, what a day! I knew this exam was coming up and prepared for it like no other exam I've ever prepared for. I was fairly confident in my preparations, but still the anxiety was was significant. So, I took plenty of time to get to the exam center, ate a light lunch so I didn't get drowsy, made sure I had plenty of change for the parking meter, turned my phone off even before starting to drive to town. No distractions, no disruptions to throw me off center.

I sat down to the exam, made sure I would ask to go to the bathroom if I needed to. Last time, I felt like I would be disruptive if I asked, so I squirmed for a few hours. I wrote out the formulas that I had memorized as soon as I got the worksheet. 

Oh no! Baby crying in the next room, little bit of panic, few deep breaths, looked around. No one seemed upset or bothered. If they can focus it out, so can I! Back to the test. 2.5 hours later, I'm done and feeling a weird sensation. I think they call it relief and confidence!

The first time I wrote the exam I counted 35 questions that I had no idea what the answer was. Zero percent confidence in at least 35 answers. This time, I counted 12 questions that I wasn't 100% sure of. Maybe 80% sure, maybe 90% sure. That's a big difference! I need a 70% to pass and I got a 61% the first time.

Now it can be up to 30 days before I find out my mark. Hopefully I hear sooner.

Oh! Then I get home and I have a message that someone would like to see the house at 7:30. It's 6:45. I confirm the showing and because I keep the house prepared, I was ready! Now, I wait to see if an offer comes.

How much stress can I handle in a day. Apparently more than I thought. There were a few times I thought I was going to hurl or pass out, but I went through my questions and went to the breathing. I also thought of all the great people here and elsewhere that were wishing me well in my exam and confident in me. That really helped.

Reading this thread: