Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Quitting again

10 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will let my number do the talking

I have been quit for 3 Days, 13 hours, 36 minutes and 43 seconds (3 days).

I have saved $b 26,74 by not smoking 53 cigarettes.

I have saved 4 hours and 25 minutes of my life.

My Quit Date: 15/07/2013 08:30 p.m.

Feeling better and keeping on

NOPE
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's Right Carlos! Your not going to fall off the wagon..
I love Your positive attitude and that Positive Attitude is going to Keep Your Quit..
It's Great having You On The Wagon with us all..

NTAP = never take another puff, dip, or chew...

Red...
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Carlos!!!

It's good to see that you are getting on that proverbial horse once again!  I wanted to chime in to give you a couple more things to consider.  From most of your postings, one of your main issues is that you are constantly stressed.  If you haven't done so lately, you might want to review Milestone 4, which deals with stress and coping strategies.  Think about getting online and posting before considering ever lighting up a smoke!  Read posts and review the Program to see what you may have missed that might be helpful to you.  This is a good way to distract yourself from "slipping".

We are all rooting for you and are here to help you make this your forever quit.  In order for this to be your forever quit, you know what you have to do.  Commit to living by NOPE and know that you can NEVER smoke again... no matter what!  NOPE means never again and that you are a non-smoker.  You really have to want your quit.  So, ask yourself if you are totally committed to NOPE.  If so, you have to be prepared to do what ever it takes to remain smoke free.  

I know you have heard this before, but sometimes review is necessary.  You know that quitting is a life style change.  If stress is a reason that you cannot make this lifestyle change, you really need to look at ways to eliminate or reduce some of the causes of your stress.  If it's work stress, try to eliminate some of it through delegation.  You know that stress can be as harmful to your health as smoking!  Sometimes you have to do some real soul searching to determine what you value most in life and make the changes necessary to persue those in order to achieve your important life goals.

Stick close, Carlos!  Know that you can do this!  I know that you can, because I did it!   

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 13

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Carlos,

Something to keep in mind: there are no "minor" slips. From what I read on my relapse thread, a "slip" is a quick path to full relapse. You have been down this path before, and it has led you back to the habit every time. I think you should seriously consider the NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) philosophy and reflect on the core reasons you can't seem to fully let go of the habit. Have you ever done the eulogy to smoking exercise? If not, it might be a helpful activity. I know it was a turning point for me to say some good-byes to the habit. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,515.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 22

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Once more, thanks to you all. With so many quitters behind me,  there is no way I am falling off the wagon 
10 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll be rooting for you Carlos.  It's not easy, but you can do this! 
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You'll get there Carlos.
Just remember to never quit quitting.
That's what we all do Everyday..

Red..
Hi all

What a wonderful words of support. I cannot thank you enough.

I am sorry to tell you I had a minor slip yesterday due to minor inconvenience that got out of hand. I re started my timer and here I come again. Sorry to let you down but I am going to pick up the pieces and get back on the horse

10 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carlos. You have almost made it through your first week , keep it going.
You know it gets easier You had quit around the same time as me.
I am getting very close to my 1 year and just wanted to send some encouragement to help you keep going this time.
Smoking does not help stressful situations The Demon just likes to make you think it will. Don't give in.
Try reading over some of your old posts , I am always rereading mine as well as others.
Wishing you strength.
N.O.P.E.
Sherry

Hi all

I would like to thank each one of you for the encouragements I have received. We all know too well this is not a walk on the beach and I guess each one has his/her own history to tell.

Mine isn't easy either, there is plenty of heartache and wrong turns

Its been a long way so far, feeling not well, jumpy but its the process for quitting

Have a smoke free day

Reading this thread: